Home
Feature Article
NBA 2K11: Starting Five Roster Ratings

2K Sent us the overall ratings for every player in each team's starting five. Give the list a look through and let us know what you think! Did 2K rate your team right? Any surprises? Let us know!

NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 RayAllen20 @ 09/23/10 02:29 PM
I agree with many, that you can't complain about overall ratings. You can only complain about significant ratings. Gasol will be a 89 over Howard, who's a 88 because post offense rating is more significant to the overall rating that athleticism is. Anyone could tell you, Howard played like Howard, and Gasol played like Gasol.

# 142 biggiejerseys @ 09/23/10 02:32 PM
How is Dirk that low? A little low IMO. 86-92 would be perfect IMO.

# 143 jeebs9 @ 09/23/10 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Nothing. Just have a players individual ratings.

This way 2K can avoid this type of "freak out" over ratings.

People are saying guys are over/under rated but don't know the "under the hood" information.
Exactly....lol

I would love for it to be without overall. Franchise Mode would be handled totally different in regards to going after players that fit your gameplay or team system.

# 144 lmarshalljr04 @ 09/23/10 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWorldIsYours
Actually that is not the scale from 2k. That's a scale that an Os member made, 2k never talked about any rating scale, and We cant talk to Mike because He wasnt with the 2k franchise when they implemented the new ratings last year.

Thanks.

That aint what i heard, so...ok

# 145 wepr3 @ 09/23/10 02:37 PM
Quite the suckfest. But, if this is the biggest thing I complain about with this game, I'll take it.

# 146 TalenT @ 09/23/10 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinyhubcaps
I know these OVR ratings mean nothing and have no bearing on how the individuals play, but here's my quick assessment:

Too high: Evan Turner, Stephen Jackson, Blake Griffin, Rudy Gay, Dwyane Wade, Trevor Ariza, Deron Williams, Ron Artest, Jason Kidd, Kenyon Martin, Darren Collison, Tayshaun Prince, Shane Battier, Jeff Green, Andre Miller, Greg Oden, John Wall
Lol @ Deron Williams being too high. You serious?

# 147 jeebs9 @ 09/23/10 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wepr3
Quite the suckfest. But, if this is the biggest thing I complain about with this game, I'll take it.

That's the way to look at it lol

# 148 Stickz24 @ 09/23/10 02:39 PM
Every one's never going to be on the same page on these things y'all. That's part of the fun ...
It's all subjective. Fact: There is no group in the world that could put a rating system together on which we'd all agree.

# 149 Kaanyr Vhok @ 09/23/10 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbolo84
So what would we have instead of an overall rating? Just curious.
A letter grade

# 150 Stickz24 @ 09/23/10 02:42 PM
People would jut average the indiv rating and find other issues to debate anywayz ... saved us the extra step. Aight I'm off this one .. y'all enjoy.

# 151 jshmoopy @ 09/23/10 02:44 PM
I really wish we could see a breakdown of the individual ratings. Seeing overalls just doesn't give enough information. Certain players in the league are really good at some things and really bad at others which can make the overalls off.

I was looking at the overalls for Salmons and Jennings, being from Milwaukee, and I thought to myself why are they so bad. But then I thought, well physically Jennings isn't much of a presence. I mean he's fast, but he's not a super athlete like Rose, Wall, or Westbrook. Also, his shooting percentage wasn't amazing last year either (37% from the field, OUCH), so that's probably pulling him down because shooting ratings are probably very important to overalls for PG (can someone confirm this?). Salmons, isn't the most athletic either which probably hurts his rating, but I can't think of a huge deficiency in his game, ball-handling maybe? He's not a good rebounder for a SG, but not terrible. I guess it's more that he's not really great at anything.

But when it comes down to it, if I can hit that ugly mid-range jumper with Salmons and be lightning quick with Jennings, that's all that really matters. I think overall ratings are a bit overrated. Is there an overall rating calculator somewhere that explains how these numbers are weighted by the different attribute categories?

# 152 bigballa21 @ 09/23/10 02:44 PM
Who cares about these ratings honestly? Most people are going to adjust the ratings themselves when they get the game or download 2kShare rosters with more realistic ratings

# 153 BigDaneAyMane @ 09/23/10 02:45 PM
Boooo! Javale McGee should at least get a 66 and Blatche should be a 75. Wall, Gil and Howard I guessed spot on though.

Durant should be a 93-94 based off of Kobe, Bron, Wade, Melo and Tim Duncan's rating.

Dirk an 83? Ouch.

# 154 BigDaneAyMane @ 09/23/10 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigballa21
Who cares about these ratings honestly? Most people are going to adjust the ratings themselves when they get the game or download 2kShare rosters with more realistic ratings
Online players care quite a bit.

# 155 jermy201 @ 09/23/10 02:49 PM
I tellya what... Cleveland sure is gonna be bad this year.

# 156 bigballa21 @ 09/23/10 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaneAyMane
Online players care quite a bit.
that is another animal lol......To me there is a lot more i want to know about the Online play than the ratings....got to be able to play the game first than worry about ratings but for the most part you're right

# 157 jr2424 @ 09/23/10 02:52 PM
Only things that stand out to me:

1. Dwyane Wade running the point? I don't think the Heat will do that. I think Chambers will run the 1 and Wade will be at the 2. Miller will be their offensive punch off the bench.

2. Gilbert Arenas and John Wall rated higher than Stephen Curry? I know Curry didn't really get going until the last part of last season, but when he did he made a serious push for ROY. I was not a Curry believer when he first came into the league but he really impressed me. Wall could be great. Key is COULD. And Arenas? C'mon. He's not getting any younger. And neither Arenas nor Wall should be anywhere close to Derrick Rose.

3. And for those wondering why Durant is underrated at a 91, it's because he led the league in scoring, is more or less the same kind of player as Melo except does what Melo does at a higher level. Shooting from the perimeter, taking his man off the dribble. The only thing I see Melo doing better on the offensive end is Melo's post-up game, which is impressive. Durant is a better rebounder, three-point shooter, free-throw shooter, better from the field and is younger. Durant should be closer to a 94.

# 158 kingg d @ 09/23/10 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaneAyMane
Boooo! Javale McGee should at least get a 66 and Blatche should be a 75. Wall, Gil and Howard I guessed spot on though.

Durant should be a 93-94 based off of Kobe, Bron, Wade, Melo and Tim Duncan's rating.

Dirk an 83? Ouch.
Dirk is a really poor defensive player that's why he is rated 83. But as a lot of people said , overall ratings mean NOTHING.

Dirk rating is 83 points of offensive attributes, which will make him a beast in the game

# 159 Kaanyr Vhok @ 09/23/10 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewbs
do people still think that kobe bryant is as good as lebron james?

that's so cute...
Right now no but going to play with Wade and Bosh killed his alltime rank.

# 160 bxsteve @ 09/23/10 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9

I'm going to say it...Like I've been saying it since 2k drop the scale to 25. As long as the players play like they play in real life. The Overall ratings don't matter. As long as Tony Parker is faster than most point guards and can finish in the lane unlike most point guards. I don't care what his overall rating is.

You guys do understand that all the ratings are from 2k insiders last update from 2k10. The only reason a players rating would change a little is because 2k adds new ratings each year. So a player might get a point or two higher on his overall. So guys relax...Lets wait for the game.

yea i'm ridin wit jeebs on this. the only gripe i have is kleiza bein a 55??? he's got game, i understand he's been out the league but damn 55 lol? i think a 65 would be reasonable. and i like how KD is FINALLY a 90+, guess they had to after this summer and him winning the scoring title. good job overall IMO

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.