Home
Feature Article
NBA 2K11: Starting Five Roster Ratings

2K Sent us the overall ratings for every player in each team's starting five. Give the list a look through and let us know what you think! Did 2K rate your team right? Any surprises? Let us know!

NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 sleepyshotta @ 09/23/10 02:55 PM
They're just overall ratings, sheeesh people, relax

# 162 Kaanyr Vhok @ 09/23/10 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr2424
2. Gilbert Arenas and John Wall rated higher than Stephen Curry? I know Curry didn't really get going until the last part of last season, but when he did he made a serious push for ROY. I was not a Curry believer when he first came into the league but he really impressed me. Wall could be great. Key is COULD. And Arenas? C'mon. He's not getting any younger. And neither Arenas nor Wall should be anywhere close to Derrick Rose.

3. And for those wondering why Durant is underrated at a 91, it's because he led the league in scoring, is more or less the same kind of player as Melo except does what Melo does at a higher level. Shooting from the perimeter, taking his man off the dribble. The only thing I see Melo doing better on the offensive end is Melo's post-up game, which is impressive. Durant is a better rebounder, three-point shooter, free-throw shooter, better from the field and is younger. Durant should be closer to a 94.
2. I can live with Wall being overrated because we dont know anything about him except that he is one of the best college PGs ever and he cooked in the summer league

3. Durant also plays better defense

# 163 bram73 @ 09/23/10 02:57 PM
OMG these people complaining about the ratings are crazy u get a defensive rating and you get a offensive rating and and a rebounding rating then them up average up. Thats how its done. ps John Wall mite be a tad overated but for the majority these ratings are solid. Some players are good on offense but not defense vise sersa

# 164 kapdakid @ 09/23/10 03:00 PM
If Steph Curry and Tyreke Evans is in the 80's, than Brandon Jennings should be as well, that's pretty bogus...IMO

# 165 T3AMGEIST @ 09/23/10 03:01 PM
Dirks rating is nearly the same as in 2k10 and in 2k10 you can easy score 30 points per game and catch 7 rebounds so i think thats ok, he isnt that good in defense but in offense hes maybe a 90+ player!

# 166 RUFFNREADY @ 09/23/10 03:03 PM
Dirk Diggler Needs to be higher than 83; and no way the same as David Lee. C'mon son.

# 167 jeebs9 @ 09/23/10 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapdakid
If Steph Curry and Tyreke Evans is in the 80's, than Brandon Jennings should be as well, that's pretty bogus...IMO
He shot pretty poorly last season. Someone 37% from the field...While Evans (45.6) and Curry (46.6) shot way better

# 168 Agent86 @ 09/23/10 03:05 PM
Got no problems other then Kleiza at 55 is hilarious. Compared to Batum 69.
Anyone who saw worlds knows what I am talking about.

# 169 yellowboy91 @ 09/23/10 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermy201
I tellya what... Cleveland sure is gonna be bad this year.
i know but im still gonna roll with cavs i roll withe browns and indians and they suck so its nothin new for us clevelanders

# 170 jr2424 @ 09/23/10 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaanyr Vhok
2. I can live with Wall being overrated because we dont know anything about him except that he is one of the best college PGs ever and he cooked in the summer league

3. Durant also plays better defense
I think that's way too much of a stretch. He was good last year, really good. But that's it. No way did that one season vault him into one of the all-time great college basketball point guards. I'll just give you one example, though I know many here could give more: Oscar Robertson's three-year career at Cincy: 33.8 points, 15.2 rebounds, 7.1 assists.

I know you're not comparing him to the Big O. I just don't want people people thinking that what Wall did was all-time. Wall's numbers by the way: 16.6 points, 6.5 assists and 4.3 rebounds.

# 171 Pokes404 @ 09/23/10 03:07 PM
I thought Westbrook might be a little higher than 81. Maybe 83-85. Oh well. If he's quick off the dribble, jumps the passing lanes, can hit that little pull up mid-range jumper off the dribble, and takes it to the hole like a mad man, it doesn't really matter what his overall is.

# 172 sportsnation @ 09/23/10 03:08 PM
i luv u 2k, but brandon jennings a 75 c'mon no rookie in this years class should be rated higher than him (John Wall, Evan Turner). This guy led his team to the playoffs last year, i hope you change this in a roster update or sumthin

# 173 markman282 @ 09/23/10 03:11 PM
not sure im loving these ratings. for example: there is no way Andre Igge should be the same rating as Steve Nash!

# 174 STLRams @ 09/23/10 03:11 PM
Alot of these ratings are spot on to me, except maybe the chris paul one - maybe a tad to high, but you have to remember this is the 2K Insider that may have assigned these ratings, and im not a fan of his ratings or especially how he assigns tendencies to players and teams. But its ratings people, c'mon. Once you get the game you can adjust those ratings how ever you want to for offline gameplay, but I know for online play some people won't like this because they can't cheese as easily with certain players with lower ratings.

# 175 CallMeDrop @ 09/23/10 03:15 PM
There is no way that Dirk is 7 points less skilled than Tim Duncan. Dirk is currently a top 7-10 player in the league and virtually unguardable. So much disrespect. KD's had one great year and he's a 91...that's fair, KD'sa great player...Dirk has won an MVP and averaged around 25 and 8 for the last 5 seasons...crazy.

There should only be 2 players ranked over 93 besides MJ and that's Lebron and Kobe....and they should be 94/95 max.

# 176 XuanWu @ 09/23/10 03:20 PM
How in the world is Brandon Jennings a 75? He's a full 6 points less than John Wall who hasn't even played a game yet? What in the world....

Joakim Noah 73? WTF is that? And honestly...Durant at 91 is also underrated....

# 177 ANT_P1989 @ 09/23/10 03:22 PM
Y'all do know that these ratings are based on POSITIONS right??? Don't compare SGs to PFs and SFs to PGs etc. etc. etc. Compare PGs to PGs, SGs to SGs, SFs to SFs, PFs to PFs, and Cs to Cs....

# 178 CallMeDrop @ 09/23/10 03:22 PM
Oh and since the overall ratings are pretty low for PG's...B Jennings is in a good spot. He doesn't do anything exceptionally well to be an 76 and up...He's a good player, but John Wall has more upside/atletic ability + defense and he's not better than, Westbrook(exceptional athlete), Tyreke(exceptional at points in the paint), Curry (shooting), those are just the younger guards. I wouldn't be surprised if Jrue Holiday surpasses him either.

He's got a long way to go.

# 179 MasterofBBall @ 09/23/10 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice
Derrick Rose an 85?

I got a feeling that's going to change as the season progresses.
It'll prob change with the roster update @ release. Ronnie2k said Durants will increase as well.

# 180 jr2424 @ 09/23/10 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dropseven
There is no way that Dirk is 7 points less skilled than Tim Duncan. Dirk is currently a top 7-10 player in the league and virtually unguardable. So much disrespect. KD's had one great year and he's a 91...that's fair, KD'sa great player...Dirk has won an MVP and averaged around 25 and 8 for the last 5 seasons...crazy.

There should only be 2 players ranked over 93 besides MJ and that's Lebron and Kobe....and they should be 94/95 max.
I agree that Timmy shouldn't be seven points higher but I can see him maybe one or two points higher. Dirk kills him from 3s and the free-throw line. Dirk is a better mid-range shooter too, though I don't think the disparity is as much as it is from deep. But Timmy is a better rebounder, low-post scorer, defender and maybe edges Dirk as a passer (mostly out of the post). But again, I agree Duncan shouldn't be that much better if at all.

And you said there should be only 2 players besides MJ ranked 94-95. So you're also talking about other legends then? If so, then Magic needs to be up there. What about Bird and Dominique? If only talking about current-day players, then I could see that.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.