Home
Feature Article
WWE 2K15's MyCAREER Mode Details

The WWE games series for the past 2 years have had a single player story mode consisting of reliving the past of the Attitude era or playing through the greatest Wrestlemania matches of all-time.  This year, 2K Sports is changing up the game and having a “My Player” mode called My Career, where your created wrestler takes on the rigors of the WWE.  

My Career is on PS4 and Xbox One only and is the journey of the greatest superstar in WWE history, you.  The mode starts off after you create your wrestler (with rather limited options) and you join the WWE Performance Center. Developer 2K Sports nailed the look and feel of the Performance Center with all seven rings, the workout area in the back, and the correct banners on the walls.  Bill DeMott is your trainer through this mode; his voice work was great and looks just like himself. He will give you objectives to complete in training matches against other no name potential NXT talent.  As you do matches, you gain skill points to upgrade your superstar.  The matches will contain actions like “Do 10 grapples,” “Perform your finisher,” stuff like that. It felt similar to the Attitude/Wrestlemania story mode matches from the past except you’re wrestling in an empty gym against an unknown wrestler with a digitized DeMott yelling at you.

After you graduate from the Performance Center you move on to NXT.  Here you have William Regal as your GM pushing you to your path of greatness as other NXT superstars like Adrian Neville, Sami Zayn, Bo Dallas and Corey Graves try to stop you. The goal is to have Triple H notice you on the small circuit to eventually get called up to the big time of the WWE.  Once you do enough at NXT, you will get called up to the big show and there’s where your career truly takes off. 

Here you will gain rivals and strive for championships, main event pay-per-views, and ultimately Wrestlemania. Don’t forget to hire a manager of your choosing to be by your side.
Throughout your career you will have rivals pop up to help or stop you. You will see multiple cut scenes like we’ve seen in Universe Mode in the past.  There might be a feud with Daniel Bryan where he gives you a choice: shake his hand with respect or hit him with a low blow. Of course in my career, I hit him with the low blow.

The 2K developers stated they have a bunch of different cut scenes and storylines we’ll see unfold in your career over time.  You can play this mode as a face (good guy) or as a heel (bad guy), or even go back and forth. Your decisions play a lot into your career and even have surprises outside of your control.  In my career, I was 6 years in, had just lost a big match, and the crowd was cheering me on. I was acknowledging them when out of nowhere Brock Lesnar’s music played, down he came to the ring to give me a monster F5 and Paul Heyman stood over me laughing.  This played out over social media next as you have an in-game Twitter account as well,  I then got into a Twitter war with Heyman over how he was tweeting I wasn’t worthy to face Lesnar.

The career is very lengthy and keeps every stat you can imagine over your career and is full of customization.  2K called it a “sports RPG hybrid” that will evolve with you over your career in the mode. You can lose matches and the story keeps going. There’s no more of the having to replay a match to move through the story, if you lose, it just keeps going.  I found that to be one of the bigger plusses of the mode, it felt much more organic and real.

This next part is where the room got very excited: Career Invasion.  Your biggest rival in My Career may be your best friend.  You can export your created My Career superstar once you hit the Raw roster and anyone can download that same wrestler into their career.  That wrestler may then show up at opportune moments. Maybe to help you out or to stick a knife in your back, you would never know. In the example given, the imported wrestler didn’t show up against the My Career wrestler for a few weeks, but when he did it was to attack the player.  This adds a whole new level to the career mode now that your friends can be in there with you.  I can already see the trash talking going down when your buddy just screwed you out of the WWE Championship by turning on you in My Career.

WWE 2K15 arrives in stores for Xbox 360/PS3 on October 28th in North America and October 31st in Europe and for PS4/Xbox One, it arrives on November 18th in North America and November 21st in Europe. Sting is the exclusive preorder bonus on both versions.

Read the official press release below.

2K Announces MyCareer Details for WWE® 2K15

First-ever comprehensive career mode in WWE video game history takes players
on the journey from prospective WWE Superstar to WWE World Heavyweight Champion

2K today announced additional details for MyCareer in WWE® 2K15, the forthcoming release in the flagship WWE video game franchise. Making its debut as the first comprehensive, career-driven mode in WWE games history, MyCareer will take players through the life of a prospective WWE Superstar, allowing them to experience the journey of being a rookie and working toward the ultimate goal of winning the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.

Players will begin MyCareer by taking characters they create in WWE 2K15’s Creation Suite to the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida. While there, they will be trained by former WWE Superstar and WWE Performance Center head coach Bill DeMott, as they navigate a series of objectives. Successful completion of the objectives will lead players to compete at NXT, WWE’s developmental system for rising young talent, where they will continue with matches and new objectives. At NXT, they will encounter a roster of new and future WWE Superstars, including Rusev, Bo Dallas, Adrian Neville, Sami Zayn and Corey Graves, all of whom will also be available as playable characters.

After mastering their skills in NXT, players will move up to WWE’s main roster, where General Manager Vickie Guerrero will set matches and keep her Superstars focused through ultimatums designed to gain bonus rewards. Players will develop alliances and rivalries while competing to win spots on WWE pay-per-view events and flagship shows like Monday Night Raw® and SmackDown®. They will also compete for the United States Championship and Intercontinental Championship. Successful players will make their way to SummerSlam® and WrestleMania®, where the WWE World Heavyweight Championship will be on the line as the top MyCareer prize.

Decisions made throughout the WWE developmental process, including alliances, rivalries and social media interactions, will impact player personality traits and crowd reactions. As players progress throughout the mode, they will also have opportunities in-game to upgrade their attributes, acquire new abilities, skills and moves, earn new clothing and unlock managers. These decisions, along with a player’s win/loss record, will lead to multiple branching storylines, surprises, twists and turns that offer significant replay value to explore different career paths.

MyCareer is a mode beloved by our NBA 2K fans and is a perfect fit for WWE 2K15,” said Greg Thomas, President at Visual Concepts. “We are eager to deliver a comprehensive career mode experience for the first time and consider its inclusion a critical step forward for the franchise.”

Developed collaboratively by Yuke’s and Visual Concepts, a 2K studio, WWE 2K15 is rated T for Teen by the ESRB. WWE 2K15 is scheduled for release on the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft on October 28, 2014 in North America and October 31, 2014 internationally. In addition, releases for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, are currently scheduled for release on November 18, 2014 in North America and November 21, 2014 internationally. Fans who pre-order WWE 2K15 at any participating retailer will receive two playable Sting characters at no extra cost on launch day.

WWE 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 woody2goody @ 09/30/14 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
This sounds really great. Looking forward to giving it a shot.

Though if there's no custom music for wrestlers that's going to a slight bummer but there's nothing 2K can do about that if the consoles don't yet support that feature.
I'll just steal This Fire Burns. F- CM Punk.

# 42 victorkingchamp @ 09/30/14 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
It doesn't, sorry
The IGN article says the game will use CAWs created by players on your friends list.

# 43 woody2goody @ 09/30/14 01:19 PM
This sounds so good. And the fact that random things are still happening 6 years into your career is a great thing.

I might even give myself an 'NXT name' as well :P

# 44 Pezell04x @ 09/30/14 02:20 PM
It could mean "limited" because you need to unlock things within the mode with the VC you earn?

# 45 ExtremeGamer @ 09/30/14 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorkingchamp
The IGN article says the game will use CAWs created by players on your friends list.
Yes you can, I mentioned it in my article as well.

# 46 swiftychampleone @ 09/30/14 02:42 PM
What are these "limited" options?

# 47 davis420 @ 09/30/14 03:05 PM
Can you create a female wrestler?

# 48 bxphenom7 @ 09/30/14 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezell04x
It could mean "limited" because you need to unlock things within the mode with the VC you earn?
This is what I'm hoping for. "Limited" creation is unacceptable in wrestling games in terms of creating physical likenesses. I actually want to be able to make a wrestler that looks like me, does wonders for the immersion and investment I put into career modes. I would be fine with having to acquire more attire the more you progress.

# 49 Gramps91 @ 09/30/14 03:17 PM
The only thing that worries me is that on the IGN article it said you have to switch things up to keep the fans entertained to get more over. I'm not much into high flying and running attacks. I use a lot of different grapple moves. Hopefully, that's enough.

# 50 PantherBeast_OS @ 09/30/14 03:23 PM
It sounds good. I've been waiting for a mode like this for years to be into a WWE game. Now it is here. Yes I'm sure it will have bugs and glitches at first. But for the long term out look. It sounds awesome. Now I just hope CAW mode is decent enough to create a good Caw for MYPlayer mode. Overall good write Scott. Looking forward to the game on November 18th.

# 51 cdub71323 @ 09/30/14 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterofworlds888
The only thing that worries me is that on the IGN article it said you have to switch things up to keep the fans entertained to get more over. I'm not much into high flying and running attacks. I use a lot of different grapple moves. Hopefully, that's enough.
That's exactly what it means. The article said there was a ratings cap depending on what style of wrestler you went with, so I would guess your goals are tailored to that as well.

What it means is that they don't want you doing the same one or two moves the entire match

# 52 lakers24 @ 09/30/14 04:58 PM
Yes! Sounds exactly how I wanted it to

# 53 MrZone @ 09/30/14 06:04 PM
People are overreacting to the word limited. You are a ROOKIE. A Rookies does NOT have a full moveset. It has to be learned.

# 54 ExtremeGamer @ 09/30/14 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Once we take a player through a career, can we then import them into our Universe mode with the ratings/attributes they gained during career mode?
Followed up with the Dev team on this, yes you can export your My Career character back into other modes with your updated stats once you hit a certain part in the mode.

I apologize for the miscommunication.

Scott

# 55 nate1986 @ 09/30/14 06:18 PM
I'm excited more so at the prospect of a solid NXT roster

# 56 Reed1417 @ 09/30/14 06:41 PM
I wonder if the NXT people will ever get called up to the main roster at some point in our career. It would be pointless to just have them in NXT to never be seen again after that.

Reed is comin' atcha!!

# 57 bigbob @ 09/30/14 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZone
People are overreacting to the word limited. You are a ROOKIE. A Rookies does NOT have a full moveset. It has to be learned.
Whenever it says Limited Creation, we're not talking about move sets. We're talking about the physical appearance, which is what 99% of us mean when talking about a CAW.

# 58 woody2goody @ 09/30/14 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed1417
I wonder if the NXT people will ever get called up to the main roster at some point in our career. It would be pointless to just have them in NXT to never be seen again after that.

Reed is comin' atcha!!
Hopefully they will!

# 59 Reed1417 @ 09/30/14 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2goody
Hopefully they will!

Hopefully so!! Cause if we have an intense rivalry with Neville or Zayn or whoever I would like to see that expanded upon if they get called up to the main roster.
Also, did anyone see anything about a voice for our created character? That's one thing that would make it complete for me. I miss the SvR game where I had a character with a deep black guy voice saying "I'll live but they aren't going to get off that easy". Twas great!

Reed is comin' atcha!!

# 60 bigbob @ 09/30/14 08:25 PM
Maybe that's something EG can answer.

5-years down the road, are theRE retirements? Call-ups? Any kind of roster movements done by the CPU?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.