Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   WW CXLIX SPAWN IV - GAME OVER (Post 3845) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=84272)

saldana 06-18-2012 06:31 PM

that is a lot of phasers to hand out to people that we know nothing about....

PackerFanatic 06-18-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy (Post 2672894)
There is no assurance that an officer is less likely to be a Spawn that non-officer. I think if we are going to selectively pass out guns the focus should be on cleared vs non-cleared rather than officer vs non-officer.

Also, don't we want all of our security personnel to be armed since they get a bonus to prevent attacks if they have a weapon? I thought that everyone got some bonus in the past, but that might be my memory playing tricks on me since I could not find this in the rules.

That is a valid point - and one that Danny jumped on as well, which is why he gave the security personnel weapons too. I was just saying that we would want to keep the ranked officers alive right now, but obviously once we start clearing people, we are going to want to protect them longer.

Barkeep49 06-18-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 2672895)
lol...that sucks. Hope we both get credit.

In this instance I've given you both the bonus as the posting was clearly simultaneous. As we saw from Danny catching up can be hard and I'd rather encourage aids to helping people catch up than bicker over who gets credit.

Danny 06-18-2012 06:35 PM

GoIng into the pOol be back later

Chief Rum 06-18-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 2672902)
In this instance I've given you both the bonus as the posting was clearly simultaneous. As we saw from Danny catching up can be hard and I'd rather encourage aids to helping people catch up than bicker over who gets credit.

Woot!

(Bows lovingly before the altar of BK on quarter walls, creeping out roommate fellow security crewman dubb. Dubb almost decides to shoot Chief Rum.)

Barkeep49 06-18-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 2672903)

I think this is a secret message based on the capitals here. GIO clearly has some deep meaning that needs to be decoded.

Chief Rum 06-18-2012 06:40 PM

FWIW, no need to hand out a phaser to PF, as he comes with a handy three shot phaserooni.

BK, do those of us assigned guns need to accept these in order to receive them, or is it enough that the Sergeant of Arms has marked them as checked out to us?

Barkeep49 06-18-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 2672908)
FWIW, no need to hand out a phaser to PF, as he comes with a handy three shot phaserooni.

BK, do those of us assigned guns need to accept these in order to receive them, or is it enough that the Sergeant of Arms has marked them as checked out to us?

You automatically receive it once you've been designated by the S-o-A.

CrimsonFox 06-18-2012 06:44 PM

BK, another math question

Engineers can supervise men (up to 4) and can supervise slaves (up to 6)
Slaves work in pairs only and 2 slaves can do 1 cycle of work.
One man can do 1 cycle of work

Still with me?

Okay it also says engineers can supervise combinations of slaves/men (up to 4 it says).
How does that work?

Does it work like this?

3 men (3 workcycles) + 2 slaves (1 work cycle) = 4 work cycles complete?

The fact that is says UP TO 4 (for the combo of people) is weird since if you have 3 men and 1 slave that is the equivalent of 3 men since 1 slave can do nothing by himself.

LoneStarGirl 06-18-2012 06:47 PM

Do we automatically get the phasers or do we have to pm barBarkeep to get them

CrimsonFox 06-18-2012 06:49 PM

OFFICERS,
Are you taking people out to missions today?
If not, can you please assign people to Warehouse 1 conversion detail. If we don't have enough we'll use slaves but that may screw up the math. Not sure. If we get four men on conversion detail and simbo supervises, we will finish Warehouse 1. Chief Rum has already gone to WH1 so we just need 3 more.

SIMBO,
As long as you submit an order to supervise work on WH1 then whoever else does, you will use their numbers. Problem is if we don't get enough to do that (3 more), you will have to get some slaves.

Barkeep49 06-18-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonFox (Post 2672913)
BK, another math question

Engineers can supervise men (up to 4) and can supervise slaves (up to 6)
Slaves work in pairs only and 2 slaves can do 1 cycle of work.
One man can do 1 cycle of work

Still with me?

Okay it also says engineers can supervise combinations of slaves/men (up to 4 it says).
How does that work?

Does it work like this?

3 men (3 workcycles) + 2 slaves (1 work cycle) = 4 work cycles complete?

The fact that is says UP TO 4 (for the combo of people) is weird since if you have 3 men and 1 slave that is the equivalent of 3 men since 1 slave can do nothing by himself.

You could have 2 regular crew plus 2 slaves being supervised. That would be 4 people. You have you have 3 men and 1 slave that gives you 3 cycles of completed work as the 1 slave does nothing.

LoneStarGirl 06-18-2012 06:50 PM

And since nobody has any suggestions on who to train for what role (galley master, medic, etc) I'll hold off on that order til tomorrow unless somebody has a better idea

CrimsonFox 06-18-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 2672917)
You could have 2 regular crew plus 2 slaves being supervised. That would be 4 people. You have you have 3 men and 1 slave that gives you 3 cycles of completed work as the 1 slave does nothing.

okay was afraid of that. Okay so it's 3 workcycles if it's 2/2 or 3/1 or 0/6. GOt it!

Julio Riddols 06-18-2012 06:51 PM

So am I supposed to go to warehouse 1 or 2, or am I being promoted to something else or what? I'm done drinking booze and playing with the laptop in my bunk, ready to swing something heavy.

CrimsonFox 06-18-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl (Post 2672919)
And since nobody has any suggestions on who to train for what role (galley master, medic, etc) I'll hold off on that order til tomorrow unless somebody has a better idea

I don't think waiting is a good idea but you can discuss with the officers.
If no one else has great desires for any , just choose one that you think we need most.

LoneStarGirl 06-18-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonFox (Post 2672916)
OFFICERS,
If not, can you please assign people to Warehouse 1 conversion detail. If we don't have enough we'll use slaves but that may screw up the math. Not sure. If we get four men on conversion detail and simbo supervises, we will finish Warehouse 1. Chief Rum has already gone to WH1 so we just need 3 more.

SIMBO,
As long as you submit an order to supervise work on WH1 then whoever else does, you will use their numbers. Problem is if we don't get enough to do that (3 more), you will have to get some slaves.

Isn't the First Officer the only one who can assign away missions?

Julio Riddols 06-18-2012 06:53 PM

Either that or I can go watch my laser disc copy of Samurai Cop again.

hoopsguy 06-18-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubb93 (Post 2672857)
I can't say I'm a huge fan of this plan. Any random group of 4 has a good chance to produce a potential spawn methinks.

Also I'm not sure YOU are clear at this point.

In the past I've seen doctors pull people in to infect as well as doctors get infected by those they pull in.

One bad apple in that brig would be game over for us methinks. Excuse me if I haven't seen enough yet to blindly trust 4 people with the fate of the game.

Was there a way for us to scan the doc? In the past we had a 2nd medic or could train one to take on that position and help us validate the doc, but I didn't see that 2nd medical person listed when I looked at the rules earlier.

CrimsonFox 06-18-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julio Riddols (Post 2672922)
So am I supposed to go to warehouse 1 or 2, or am I being promoted to something else or what? I'm done drinking booze and playing with the laptop in my bunk, ready to swing something heavy.

LOL counds like Julio wants to be a nurse :)

A big ole leadpipe swingin, booze guzzlin nurse.

JAG 06-18-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl (Post 2672919)

I've said throughout the day I think you should probably make a galley master out of Julio. We can possibly make a medic tomorrow out of someone.

CrimsonFox 06-18-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl (Post 2672925)
Isn't the First Officer the only one who can assign away missions?

I have no idea. Just updating you officers on the current engineering needs.

JAG 06-18-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy (Post 2672927)
Was there a way for us to scan the doc? In the past we had a 2nd medic or could train one to take on that position and help us validate the doc, but I didn't see that 2nd medical person listed when I looked at the rules earlier.

We have to make a trainer before we can make another doctor. If saldana dies and we have a medic, the medic has a 15% chance to be promoted to doctor.

LoneStarGirl 06-18-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonFox (Post 2672924)
I don't think waiting is a good idea but you can discuss with the officers.
If no one else has great desires for any , just choose one that you think we need most.

Personally,i think medic is most important. If I recall correctly all other Spawn games have started with two or more medical professionals

CrimsonFox 06-18-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 2672903)

don't fart!

JAG 06-18-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonFox (Post 2672916)
OFFICERS,

SIMBO,

CF, Autumn has planned two missions for tomorrow. LSG is probably reassigning a person. I will be filling in orders for people that don't show up more than likely.

CrimsonFox 06-18-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAG (Post 2672934)
CF, Autumn has planned two missions for tomorrow. LSG is probably reassigning a person. I will be filling in orders for people that don't show up more than likely.

cool. Just keeping you guys updated.

JAG 06-18-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl (Post 2672932)
Personally,i think medic is most important. If I recall correctly all other Spawn games have started with two or more medical professionals

I think we'll probably want both a medic and a galley master, not sure which first would be the most efficient.

PackerFanatic 06-18-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saldana (Post 2672899)
that is a lot of phasers to hand out to people that we know nothing about....

For the first night, with little-to-no spawn out there a possibility, I think we're okay. Better safe than sorry - the fact they go right back into the pool and as we can more cleared people, it will allow us to better allocate them as the days go on.

hoopsguy 06-18-2012 07:04 PM

Heading out for awhile, not sure if I'll be back for deadline.

I don't think that there is a meaningful chance at getting a lynch today, based on the discussion. But for those advocating no lynch, how long do we go with the "we need everyone to do work!" logic and let the enemy target our people without working towards voting records?

CrimsonFox 06-18-2012 07:07 PM

Spawn can mutate people in any location right? As long as the spawn is with a person? And is daytime safe from conversion or can spawn convert you anytime?

PackerFanatic 06-18-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy (Post 2672945)
Heading out for awhile, not sure if I'll be back for deadline.

I don't think that there is a meaningful chance at getting a lynch today, based on the discussion. But for those advocating no lynch, how long do we go with the "we need everyone to do work!" logic and let the enemy target our people without working towards voting records?

I'd have to think we need to start having that discussion tomorrow. Like you said, the longer we sit back and try to just focus on the ship, the more likely we are to lose that fight in the long run. That's not to say I wouldn't be up for it tonight, but I can't imagine much support for that (and honestly, I think our odds are pretty low tonight)

LoneStarGirl 06-18-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAG (Post 2672929)
I've said throughout the day I think you should probably make a galley master out of Julio. We can possibly make a medic tomorrow out of someone.

Sorry, I must have missed each of those posts.

Barkeep49 06-18-2012 07:16 PM

You're being watched by the friendly eyes of PackerFanatic in the Security HQ.

LoneStarGirl 06-18-2012 07:16 PM

Just wanted to point out both Shiggles and Crimson are on right now

CrimsonFox 06-18-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 2672955)
You're being watched by the friendly eyes of PackerFanatic in the Security HQ.

Makes a demo tape into the camera for him.

Shiggles 06-18-2012 07:21 PM

Wow, ok, so lots of posts. Ill have to check more frequently on what people are doin, and deadline is 6 P.M. which timezone? im hoping its my time lol, or i might have missed out on a potential oppurtunity to do things, PM will be incoming mr Barkeep momentarily. So i have been volunteered to a conversion assignment for day 1 which i am fine with, now that we have the water situation at least under some handle.

2 cents, priorities are, scanning and making sure we have a scanner that is also not tainted/ protected whilst scanning others (dont assign a non-scanned bodyguard lol, would be awkward) and having multiple scanners leads to more successes, or more scanners as the spawns would like it if they all were eaten/spawnlings. It seems that time spent getting ourselves into a "defensible position" aka, making sure we are scanned clean, and protected, we could spend our time doing the missions in more controlled measures, but that could take too long and the spawns would gain a foothold and start offing some of us. Starting the conversions on the buildings which dont work for us, great plan. As for the objections for the conversion of buildings which are of use to us, understood, as long as they dont get sabotaged while we werent looking. If someone is converting them, do they also count as guarding? aka, oh i just randomly decided to convert for 1 cycle the water processing unit, and there was a spawn attack trying to sabotage it. Do they get to defend it?

As for meeee, i think i'll jump on one of the conversion teams now. Miners HO!

Vote No Execute! no one has done anything wrong yet, we can start scrutinizing behavior tomorrow, depending on the events of today/tonight.

PackerFanatic 06-18-2012 07:23 PM

That 6PM deadline was just for away missions - and I believe all times are Eastern.

LoneStarGirl 06-18-2012 07:24 PM

No execute

Barkeep49 06-18-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerFanatic (Post 2672964)
That 6PM deadline was just for away missions - and I believe all times are Eastern.

This is correct. Day 1 ends in about 90 minutes.

PackerFanatic 06-18-2012 07:26 PM

Do we know exactly who hasn't checked in yet? A quick look at just post counts leads me to Simbo, Schmidty, DV, and mauboy.

PackerFanatic 06-18-2012 07:26 PM

Okay I now see DV came in to vote and post a couple other things, but I am pretty sure the other three have still not posted during the game.

PackerFanatic 06-18-2012 07:27 PM

Looks like mauboy has one post during the game as well - definitely nothing from Simbo or Schmidty yet.

dubb93 06-18-2012 07:30 PM

Ah bloody hell.

Vote No Excute

Fire Phaser into the crowd

CrimsonFox 06-18-2012 07:30 PM

Shiggles , you can submit an action to go convert Warehouse 1 under engineer supervision if you have nothing else to do. Simbo will submit a supervise order later (hopefully)

CrimsonFox 06-18-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubb93 (Post 2672972)
Ah bloody hell.

Vote No Excute

Fire Phaser into the crowd

isn't that "vote russian roulette" then?

CrimsonFox 06-18-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonFox (Post 2672973)
Shiggles , you can submit an action to go convert Warehouse 1 under engineer supervision if you have nothing else to do. Simbo will submit a supervise order later (hopefully)

but you have to PM barkeep to do so.

Shiggles 06-18-2012 07:41 PM

PM has been sent, although massively confusing, i wonder if i get special points for making him have to follow arrows to different decisions based on what people have said? Im probably gonna get eaten tonight by the last rabid wombat on the planet :-P

Barkeep49 06-18-2012 07:45 PM

You hear whistling. First it heads in one direction. Then another. Perhaps it's actually coming from a third way? Finally it seems to settle down and you discover the melody emerging from Shiggles lips at Warehouse 1.

Julio Riddols 06-18-2012 07:47 PM

I can be a nurse if you want. The booze comes in handy for sanitizing those friggin' wounds.