Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   NCAA 2010 OD - let the planning begin! (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=73575)

Kodos 07-16-2009 09:39 AM

NCAA 2010 OD - let the planning begin!

So here's my concept for our NCAA 2010 Xbox 360 dynasty:

Take over a 12 team conference (Conference USA), but only have 8 human owners total. Each 6-team division of the conference would have 4 human owners, and then 2 cpu squads that are significantly higher rated roster-wise and prestige-wise. I'm thinking of a tiered start for the human teams (1 star for great players, 2 for solid guys, 3 for average guys), and the cpu teams in each division start at 5 and 6 stars. Basically, I want it to be a challenge just to get to the top of the division, rather than having guys waltz to the national championship with ease each year.

We're going with totally fictional teams. The conferences would be something like this:

East:
Team 1 (CPU) 6*
Team 2 (CPU) 5*
Team 3 (Human) 3*
Team 4 (Human) 2*
Team 5 (Human) 2*
Team 6 (Human) 1*

West:
Team 1 (CPU) 6*
Team 2 (CPU) 5*
Team 3 (Human) 3*
Team 4 (Human) 2*
Team 5 (Human) 2*
Team 6 (Human) 1*

I also favor somewhat shorter quarters (maybe lop off a minute?) than we used in ODs in NCAA 2009 so that human players don't dominate the Heisman award every season. One wrinkle is the chew clock feature. Is it the same as accelerated clock, where it's always on, or is it a user controlled thing?

We'd have 4-day cycles during the season, but I will always have at least one weekend day in each cycle.

Owners need to start thinking up the concept for their teams. We may have some guys who are better at creating teams too. Anyone want to volunteer for some create-a-team duty? Also, do we want all teams to be located in the same state for more competitive recruiting, or do we allow guys to choose their own state?

One aspect of teambuilder is that it uses the exact same roster each time if you use the preset options (cupcake, powerhouse, etc.). To get around that, after I import the user-created teams, I plan to sim forward 4 or 5 seasons so that everyone has unique rosters.

We also need to figure out how to fairly "rate" each human player in terms of ability. To me, a guy like cmp who won 3 championships last year is an elite player (and thus should get a 1 star team to begin). I'd see myself in the solid but unspectacular category (2 stars). Basically, my goal is to produce as many competitive games as possible.

Another thing to consider is how to allot guys to the two conferences. If there is a guy you want to be in the same conference with, make it known.

We'd also need to settle on sliders, once the first patch is out that fixes the sliders (estimated to be next Tuesday on the 360).

Also, we need a league name. "Conference USA"?

Anyhow, just spitballing. Feel free to pitch in your ideas too!

Kodos 07-17-2009 01:35 PM

*chirp-chirp-chirp*

If people don't want to be assigned a star rating, we can default it to 2* for everyone, and people can volunteer to go down to 1* if they want more of a challenge.

OR

I'll take a crack at the alignments. My star guesses are based on what little I've picked up from the 2009 dynasties. I know DeTox is very good. I know cmp won his league 3 times. I remember WVU saying he isn't very good. I don't know anything about allpro, so I put him in the middle class. Etc. I could be wrong. ;) Feel free to tell me if I am.

Owners:
1. Kodos
2. allpro10050
3. Mike1409
4. WVUFAN
5. EaglesFan27
6. cmp
7. DeToxRox
==========
8. Wade Moore (??)

East:
3* WVUFAN
2* Mike1409
2* Kodos
1* DeTox

West:
3* Wade Moore
2* allpro10050
2* EaglesFan27
1* cmp

Logan 07-17-2009 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodos (Post 2076234)
I know DeTox is very good.

Oof.

Good luck with the OD guys, I'll be taking a break for awhile but might get on a list down the road.

Kodos 07-17-2009 02:06 PM

Cool.

DeToxRox 07-17-2009 03:31 PM

I'm cool with trying it as 1*.

DeToxRox 07-17-2009 03:31 PM

Is there a common theme for teams? Are you just making random schools, real schools, etc?

wade moore 07-17-2009 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeToxRox (Post 2076355)
Is there a common theme for teams? Are you just making random schools, real schools, etc?

The initial idea was to replicate our high school teams. Not sure if we're carrying that through.

Yes, I said we.

I'm about 90% sure I'm going to go pick it up.

Kodos 07-17-2009 03:50 PM

I'll either do my high school, or steal my IHOF team concept.

Kodos 07-17-2009 03:51 PM

What about for the 4 computer teams? Any ideas for those? I've thought about putting Notre Dame in as one. It'd be just like them to join a conference with a bunch of cupcakes to pad their record. :)

I'd be cool with a Simpsons theme too. We had a Simpsons themed fantasy league once. I could resurrect Ralphie's Bleeders!

Eaglesfan27 07-17-2009 05:16 PM

I'd love to replicate my H.S team, but I would definitely need some help doing so as I'm not the best at this sort of thing. However, who knows, I might be able to pull it off with team builder.

I'd love to beat up on ND each year ;)

Oh yeah, I picked up my copy today. Looking forward to trying it out in a little bit even though I think the 360 patch still isn't out.

Mike1409 07-17-2009 06:34 PM

I am going to use my HS team as well. Notre Dame sounds good too, I would say we create teams for the CPU or deecide which teams we move up.

I have some requests if possible. I would like to be in the same division and be a rival of Wade so can continue our dynasty battles.

I think all the teams should be in the same state or area to keep recruiting similar.

If you sim ahead 4-5 years how will all the teams stay equal?

Kodos 07-17-2009 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike1409 (Post 2076485)
I have some requests if possible. I would like to be in the same division and be a rival of Wade so can continue our dynasty battles.

We can definitely accomodate that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike1409 (Post 2076485)
If you sim ahead 4-5 years how will all the teams stay equal?

Good point. I'd assume that low-prestige teams getting regularly walloped by high-rated division rivals should help keep them in their place -- but I'll run a test at some point to be sure.

DeToxRox 07-17-2009 08:14 PM

I'd say put all 8 teams in California, Texas or Florida. Or have a California conference and Florida conference, then add in UCLA and Cal or Stanford to the California division, and maybe USF and Miami to the Florida division.

Kodos 07-17-2009 08:17 PM

Yeah, if we're all in the same state, it should definitely be a recruit-rich state.

Anyone else have any thoughts on the upper-echelon teams to bring in?

DeToxRox 07-17-2009 08:17 PM

Dola, the reason I'd do all 8 in Cali is because that'd be quite a challenge for recruiting, but it could make it way too tough as well. I'd like 4 teams per state though to have some really intense recruiting battles.

DeToxRox 07-17-2009 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodos (Post 2076525)
Yeah, if we're all in the same state, it should definitely be a recruit-rich state.

Anyone else have any thoughts on the upper-echelon teams to bring in?

Not the super powers, but not cream puffs.

Whatever state we do, I suggest we use their better teams, but not top teams. For California I wouldn't use USC, but like I said above, UCLA and Stanford. If we did Texas maybe TCU & Baylor, or A&M would slide in well enough. Florida could be USF & Miami or something.

Just some ideas.

Kodos 07-17-2009 08:21 PM

Hey guys. I searched on my school, and there are already several created teams for it. Might be a good effort-saver to search on yours. :)

DeToxRox 07-17-2009 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodos (Post 2076529)
Hey guys. I searched on my school, and there are already several created teams for it. Might be a good effort-saver to search on yours. :)

Are the Kodos Killers made yet?

Kodos 07-17-2009 08:31 PM

Not just yet.

wade moore 07-17-2009 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodos (Post 2076529)

Good suggestion.

For those that can't find anything, get as much info as possible (links to pictures would be great) and I can help with the graphics side.

I'd love to stay in the same division as Mike.

I picked up my copy tonight, probably won't crack it open until tomorrow.

Eaglesfan27 07-17-2009 09:01 PM

I'm really glad I got this game and am in the league. I just had a blast and got beat by the CPU on default AA, despite having the better team (I was USC vs ND.) I'll search for my team tomorrow on team builder.

cmp 07-17-2009 11:34 PM

I'm cool with being a 1 star. I've already made a team replicating my high school.

WVUFAN 07-18-2009 07:34 AM

Is there a way to download someone else's Team?

wade moore 07-18-2009 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVUFAN (Post 2076678)
Is there a way to download someone else's Team?

There is, but I haven't opened the game up so I don't know how :)...

I do know it appears that you can't do it from the web interface.

DeToxRox 07-18-2009 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmp (Post 2076617)
I'm cool with being a 1 star. I've already made a team replicating my high school.

What school did you go to?

Kodos 07-18-2009 11:29 AM

I believe there is a search function in-game under Teambuilder.

Eaglesfan27 07-18-2009 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 (Post 2076548)
I'm really glad I got this game and am in the league. I just had a blast and got beat by the CPU on default AA, despite having the better team (I was USC vs ND.) I'll search for my team tomorrow on team builder.

Yes, someone has already created my high school on team builder. However, this misspelled the team name which is funny. Can you edit teams that someone has created?

Edit: Nevermind, I found a 2nd version of the team that the same guy did where every detail is better and it is spelled correctly.

Kodos 07-19-2009 02:51 PM

Feel free to let me know your team names, and I can try adding them to my teambuilder list.

My team is the Fairport Red Raiders, and it is associated with my Kodos For Prez gamertag.

cmp 07-19-2009 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeToxRox (Post 2076738)
What school did you go to?

Allendale High School

wade moore 07-19-2009 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodos (Post 2077125)
Feel free to let me know your team names, and I can try adding them to my teambuilder list.

My team is the Fairport Red Raiders, and it is associated with my Kodos For Prez gamertag.

Garfield Indians, but I haven't played the game yet, so I'm not sure if it will be associated yet.

Kodos 07-19-2009 07:44 PM

Bad news about rivalries when you replace teams with teambuilder teams. You only keep their primary rival, but the secondary ones seem to disappear.

Dynasty Rivalries Truncated - Operation Sports Forums

Kodos 07-19-2009 07:47 PM

List of Conferences/teams/rivals? - Operation Sports Forums

List of each team's rivals. Not sure if the first team listed for each is the primary rival (which seems to be the one you get to keep).

Code:

ACC                Boston College                Miami, Notre Dame (Battle for the Ireland Trophy)
ACC                Clemson                Florida State, Georgia Tech, NC State(Textile Bowl), South Carolina(Battle of the Palmetto State)
ACC                Duke                North Carolina (Battle for the Victory Bell), Wake Forest
ACC                Florida State                Clemson, Florida (Battle for the Governor's Cup), Miami, Virginia (Battle for the Jefferson-Eppes Trophy)
ACC                Georgia Tech                Clemson, Georgia (Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate)
ACC                Maryland                Virginia, West Virginia
ACC                Miami                Boston College, Florida (Battle for the Seminole War Canoe), Florida State, Virginia Tech
ACC                NC State                Clemson (Textile Bowl), ECU, North Carolina
ACC                North Carolina                Duke (Battle for the Victory Bell), NC State, Virginia (The South's Oldest Rivalry), Wake Forest
ACC                Virginia                Florida State (Battle for the Jefferson-eppes Trophy), Maryland, North Carolina (The South's Oldest Rivalry) Virginia Tech (Battle for the Commonwealth Cup)
ACC                Virginia Tech                Miami, Virginia (Battle for the Commonwealth Cup), West Virginia (Battle for the Black Diamond Trophy)
ACC                Wake Forest                Duke, North Carolina

Big 12                Baylor                TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech
Big 12                Colorado                Colorado State (Rocky Mountain Showdown), Kansas State, Nebraska
Big 12                Iowa State                Iowa (Battle for the Cy-Hawk Trophy), Missouri (Battle fot the Telephone Trophy)
Big 12                Kansas                Kansas State (Sunflower Showdown), Missouri (Border Showdown)
Big 12                Kansas State                Colorado, Kansas (Sunflower Showdown), Nebraska
Big 12                Missouri                Illinois (The Arch Rivalry), Iowa State (Battle for the Telephone Trophy), Kansas (Border Showdown), Nebraska (Battle for the Missouri-Nebraska Bell), Oklahoma,
Big 12                Nebraska                Colorado, Kansas State, Missouri(Battle for the Missouri-Nebraska Bell), Oklahoma
Big 12                Oklahoma                Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma State(Bedlam Game), Texas(Red River Rivalry)
Big 12                Oklahoma State                Oklahoma(Bedlam Game), Tulsa
Big 12                Texas                Arkansas, Baylor, Oklahoma(Red River Rivalry), Texas A&M(Lone Star Showdown), Texas Tech
Big 12                Texas A&M                Arkansas, Baylor, Texas(Lone Star Showdown), Texas Tech
Big 12                Texas Tech                Baylor, Texas, Texas A&M

Big East                Cincinnati                Louisville(Battle for the Keg of Nails), Miami(OH)Battle for the Victory Bell), Pittsburgh(River City Rivalry)
Big East                Connecticut                Rutgers, Syracuse
Big East                Louisville                Cincinnati(Battle for the Keg of Nails), Kentucky(Battle for the Governor's Cup), Memphis, West Virginia
Big East                Pittsburgh                Cincinnati(River City Rivalry), Penn State, Temple, West Virginia(Backyard Brawl)
Big East                Rutgers                Connecticut, Syracuse
Big East                Syracuse                Buffalo, Connecticut, Rutgers, West Virginia(Battle for the Schwartzwalder Trophy)
Big East                USF                UCF
Big East                West Virginia                Louisville, Marshall(Friends of Coal Bowl), Maryland, Pittsburgh(Backyard Brawl), Syracuse(Battle for the Schwartzwalder Trophy), Virginia Tech(Battle for the Black Diamond Trophy)

Big Ten                Ohio State                Illinois(Battle for Illibuck), Michigan(The Game), Penn State
Big Ten                Purdue                Illinois(Battle for the Purdue Cannon), Indiana(Battle for the Old Oaken Bucket), Notre Dame(Battle for the Shillelagh Trophy)
Big Ten                Northwestern                Illinois(Battle for the Sweet Siox Tomahawk),
Big Ten                Indiana                Illinois, Michigan State, Purdue(Battle for the Old Oaken Bucket)
Big Ten                Michigan State                Indiana, Michigan(Battle for the PAul Bunyan Trophy), Notre Dame(Battle for the Megaphone), Penn State(Battle for the Land Grant Trophy)
Big Ten                Illinois                Indiana, Missouri (The Arch Rivalry), Northwestern (Battle for the Sweet Siox Tomahawk), Ohio State (Battle for Illibuck), Purdue (Battle for the Purdue Cannon)
Big Ten                Iowa                Iowa State(Battle fot eh Cy-Hawk Trophy), Minnesota(Battle for the Floyd of Rosendale), Wisconsin(Battle for the Heartland Trophy)
Big Ten                Minnesota                Iowa(Battle for the Floyd of Rosedale), Michigan(Battle for the Lettle Brown Jug), Penn State(Battle for the Governor's Victory Bell), Wisconsin(Battle fot Paul Bunyan's Axe)
Big Ten                Wisconsin                Iowa(Battle for the Heartland Trophy), Minnesota(Battle for Paul Bunyan's Axe)
Big Ten                Penn State                Michigan State(Battle for the Land Grant Trophy), Mionnesota(Battle for the Governor's Victory Bell), Ohio State, Pittsburgh
Big Ten                Michigan                Michigan State(Battle for the PAul Bunyan Trophy), Minnesota(Battle for the Lettle Brown Jug), Notre Dame, Ohio State(The Game)

Conf USA                ECU                Marshall, NC State, Southern Miss
Conf USA                Houston                Rice(Battle for the Bayou Bucket), Tulsa, UTEP
Conf USA                Marshall                ECU, Ohio, UCF, West Virginia(Friends of Coal Bowl)
Conf USA                Memphis                Louisville, Ole Miss, Southern Miss(black and Blue Bowl), UAB(Battle for the Bones)
Conf USA                Rice                Houston(Battle for the Bayou Bucket), SMU(Battle for the Mayor's Cup), Tulsa(Battle for the Williams Trophy)
Conf USA                SMU                Rice(Battle for the Mayor's Cup), TCU(Battle for the Iron Skillet)
Conf USA                Southern Miss                ECU, Memphis(Black and Blue Bowl), Tulane(Battle for the Bell), UAB
Conf USA                Tulane                LSU(Battle for the Tiger Rag), Southern Miss(Battle for the Bell), UTEP
Conf USA                Tulsa                Houston, Oklahoma State, Rice(Battle for the Williams Trophy), UCF
Conf USA                UAB                Memphis(Battle for the Bones), Southern Miss, Troy,
Conf USA                UCF                Marshall, Tulsa, USF
Conf USA                UTEP                Houston, New Mexico, New Mexico State(Battle of I-10), Tulane

IND                Army                Air Force(commander-in-chief), Navy(commander-in-chief)
IND                Navy                Air Force(commander-in-chief), Army(Army-Navy Game)
IND                Notre Dame                Boston College(Battle for the Ireland Trophy), Michigan, Michigan State(Battle for the Megaphone), Purdue(Battle for the Shillelagh Trophy), Stanford(Battle for the Legends Trophy), USC(Battle for the Jeweled Shillelagh)
IND                Western Kentucky                Mid Tenn State, Temple

MAC                Akron                Kent State(Battle for the Wagon Wheel)
MAC                Ball State                Northern Illinois
MAC                Bowling Green                Kent State(Battle for the Anniversary Award), Toledo(Battle of I-75)
MAC                Buffalo                Syracuse, Temple
MAC                Central Michigan                Eastern Michigan, Western Michigan
MAC                Eastern Michigan                Central Michigan
MAC                Kent State                Akron(Battle for the Wagon Wheel), Bowling Green(Battle for the Anniversary Award)
MAC                Miami(OH)                Cincinnati(Battle for the Victory Bell)Ohio(Battle for the Bricks)
MAC                Northern Illinois                Ball State, Toledo
MAC                Ohio                Marshall, Miami(OH(Battle for the Bricks)
MAC                Temple                Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Western Kentucky
MAC                Toledo                Bowling Green(Battle of I-75), Northern Illinois
MAC                Western Michigan                Central Michigan

MWC                Air Force                Army(commander-in-chief), Colorado State(Battle for the Ram-Falcon Trophy), Navy(Army-Navy Game)
MWC                BYU                San Diego State, Utah(Holy War), Utah State(Battle for the Beehive Boot)
MWC                Colorado State                Air Force(Battle for the Ram-Falcon Trophy), Colorado(Rocky Mountain Showdown), Wyoming(Border War)
MWC                New Mexico                New Mexico State(Rio Grande Rivalry), UTEP
MWC                San Diego State                BYU, Fresno State, UNLV
MWC                TCU                Baylor, SMU(Battle for the Iron Skillet)
MWC                UNLV                Nevada(Battle for Nevada), San Diego State
MWC                Utah                BYU(Holy War), Utah State(Battle of the Brothers)
MWC                Wyoming                Colorado State(Border War), Utah State

PAC-10                Arizona                Arizona State(The Big Game)
PAC-10                Arizona State                Arizona(The Big Game)
PAC-10                Cal                Stanford(Big Game), USC
PAC-10                Oregon                Oregon State(Civil War), Washington
PAC-10                Oregon State                Oregon(Civil War)
PAC-10                Stanford                Cal(Big Game), Notre Dame(Battle for the Legends Trophy)
PAC-10                UCLA                USC(Battle for the Victory Bell)
PAC-10                USC                Cal, Norew Dame(Battle for the Jeweled Shillelagh), UCLA(Battle for the Victory Bell)
PAC-10                Washington                Oregon, Washington State(Apple Cup)
PAC-10                Washington State                Idaho(Battle for the Palouse), Washington(Apple Cup)

SEC                Alabama                Auburn(Iron Bowl), LSU, Mississippi State, Tennessee(Third Saturday in October)
SEC                Arkansas                LSU(Battle for the Golden Boot), Ole Miss, Texas, Texas A&M
SEC                Auburn                Alabama(Iron Bowl), Georgia(Deep South's Oldest Rivalry), LSU
SEC                Florida                Florida State(Battle for the Governor's Cup), Georgia(Florida-Georgia Game), Miami(Battle for the Seminole War Conoe), South Carolina, Tennessee
SEC                Georgia                Auburn(Deep South's Oldest Rivalry), Florida(Florida-Georgia Game), Georgia Tech(Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate), South Carolina
SEC                Kentucky                Louisville(Battle for the Governor's Cup), Tennessee
SEC                LSU                Alabama, Arkansas(Battle for the Golden Boot), Auburn, Ole Miss, Tulane(Battle for the Tiger Rag)
SEC                Mississippi State                Alabama, Ole Miss(Egg Bowl)
SEC                Ole Miss                Arkansas, LSU, Memphis, Mississippi State(Egg Bowl), Vanderbilt
SEC                South Carolina                Clemson(Battle for the Palmetto State), Florida, Georgia
SEC                Tennessee                Alabama(Third Saturday in October), Florida, Kentucky, Vanderbilt
SEC                Vanderbilt                Ole Miss, Tennessee

Sun Belt                Arkansas State                North Texas, Troy
Sun Belt                FIU                Florida Atlantic
Sun Belt                Florida Atlantic                FIU
Sun Belt                Mid Tenn State                North Texas, Troy, UL-Lafayette, Western Kentucky
Sun Belt                North Texas                Arkansas State, Mid Tenn State, New Mexico State
Sun Belt                Troy                Arkansas State, Mid Tenn state, UAB
Sun Belt                UL Lafayette                Mid Tenn State, UL Monroe
Sun Belt                UL Monroe                Louisiana Tech, UL Lafayette

WAC                Boise State                Fresno State, Hawai'i, Idaho(Battle of Idaho)
WAC                Fresno State                Boise State. Hawai'i, San Diego State, San Jose State
WAC                Hawai'i                Boise State, Fresno State
WAC                Idaho                Boise State(Battle of Idaho), Washington State(Battle for the Palouse)
WAC                Louisiana Tech                UL-Lafayette, UL-Monroe
WAC                Nevada                UNLV(Battle for Nevada)
WAC                New Mexico State                New Mexico(Rio Grande Rivalry), North Texas, UTEP(Battle of I-10)
WAC                San Jose State                Fresno state
WAC                Utah State                BYU(Battle for the Beehive Boot), Utah(Battle of the Brothers), Wyoming

wade moore 07-20-2009 06:31 AM

They appear to be listed alphabetically fwiw.

Maybe we look at losing rival games as a house rule for recruiting ;).

Kodos 07-20-2009 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wade moore (Post 2076536)

I'd love to stay in the same division as Mike.

Proposed new alignment incorporating Wade's request. Any other similar requests?

East:
3* Wade Moore
2* Mike1409
2* Kodos
1* DeTox

West:
3* WVUFAN
2* allpro10050
2* EaglesFan27
1* cmp

WVUFAN 07-20-2009 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodos (Post 2077653)
Proposed new alignment incorporating Wade's request. Any other similar requests?

East:
3* Wade Moore
2* Mike1409
2* Kodos
1* DeTox

West:
3* WVUFAN
2* allpro10050
2* EaglesFan27
1* cmp

Can I be in the conference opposite cmp?

Kodos 07-20-2009 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVUFAN (Post 2078077)
Can I be in the conference opposite cmp?

East:
3* Wade Moore
2* Mike1409
2* Kodos
1* cmp

West:
3* WVUFAN
2* allpro10050
2* EaglesFan27
1* DeTox

Eaglesfan27 07-20-2009 10:06 PM

Looks good to me.

wade moore 07-20-2009 11:10 PM

btw - my team is up there associated with me. Of course, we need to set rosters and stuff - but i guess you can modify that stuff when you load it on your end?

WVUFAN 07-21-2009 10:04 AM

Thank you Kudos.

DeToxRox 07-21-2009 10:50 AM

Looks like someone made my HS and since I suck at this TB I might just use that one. Are we going to try and do same state schools or no? I think that'd be a blast but it is not a deal breaker.

Kodos 07-21-2009 11:31 AM

Yes, I think we will do either all teams in one state, or each division in its own state. And we'll figure out 2nd tier state schools to put in at the top of the divisions.

Wade - I haven't had a chance to play with the dynasty stuff yet to figure out what we need to do. Work has been crazy, and I've been in charge of watching the kids a lot of late too. I will try to figure things out a bit sometime this week. We're still on hold till the first patch in any case.

wade moore 07-21-2009 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodos (Post 2078459)
Yes, I think we will do either all teams in one state, or each division in its own state. And we'll figure out 2nd tier state schools to put in at the top of the divisions.

Wade - I haven't had a chance to play with the dynasty stuff yet to figure out what we need to do. Work has been crazy, and I've been in charge of watching the kids a lot of late too. I will try to figure things out a bit sometime this week. We're still on hold till the first patch in any case.

Cool.

Might be easier on you if we decide how the build the rosters and you put that on us so that you can just d/l what you need after we're done?

Kodos 07-21-2009 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wade moore (Post 2078494)
Might be easier on you if we decide how the build the rosters and you put that on us so that you can just d/l what you need after we're done?

Might be. But honestly, I'm going to test the sim 5 years ahead option to see if that is viable, due to the overpowered freshmen in the game, and a desire not to have identical rosters.

At the very least, we will rename the game-generated guys to have unique names.

Kodos 07-21-2009 01:59 PM

On another note, please send me your team name if they've been created, and what gamertag they are associated with. So far, I have

Fairport Red Raiders -- Kodos For Prez
Garfield Indians -- Wade Moore
Allendale High School -- cmp (don't know the name, but assume it will be easy to find with his gamertag)
Tucker County High Mountain Lions -- WVUFAN
Gibbs Gladiators -- Mike1409

Kodos 07-21-2009 02:02 PM

Please speak up if you have specific schools you'd like to be used as our CPU teams, or specific states that you'd like us to use.

I s'pose that Pennsylvania can't compete with the likes of Florida, California, and Texas? I wouldn't mind my division being set in the north somewhere.

Kodos 07-21-2009 02:11 PM

Anybody come up with a good league name yet? Strangely, the Rivals Football League name I used in 2009 would fit a scenario like this better, where everyone is in the same division. :)

RFL II: This time, it's personal.

WVUFAN 07-21-2009 03:47 PM

Tucker County High Mountain Lions

DeToxRox 07-21-2009 05:01 PM

So can we edit other peoples Teams or no? I guess do I need to just find a team from the state we're playing in? I honestly don't mind but just wanna see before I get too far.

cmp 07-21-2009 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodos (Post 2078579)
On another note, please send me your team name if they've been created, and what gamertag they are associated with. So far, I have

Fairport Red Raiders -- Kodos For Prez
Garfield Indians -- Wade Moore
Allendale High School -- cmp (don't know the name, but assume it will be easy to find with his gamertag)
Tucker County High Mountain Lions -- WVUFAN

Allendale Falcons - I'm going to be using cmp343 as my gamertag for these dynasties.

Kodos 07-21-2009 06:29 PM

I have successfully grabbed Wade, WVU, and cmp's teams. Wade, do you really want yours to be GarField (as opposed to Garfield)?