Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   NOFL: Cut Player Stage Deadline is 3/26/09 at 10PM (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=71053)

Eaglesfan27 03-01-2009 07:05 PM

NOFL: Cut Player Stage Deadline is 3/26/09 at 10PM

Here is a list of players leaving early:

Washington:

SOB! Freshman FS Brenton Patton is transferring to Stanford. Good speed makes me annoyed at this defector, particularly with him going to Sun Tzu. Overall of 72.

Virginia:

RS JR CB Mike Parker leaves early for the draft. Overall of 85.

Freshman QB Martin Joseph transfers to BGSU. Overall of 73.

Texas A&M:

RS JR QB Jerrod Johnson goes pro. Overall of 85.

Stanford:

JR WR Doug Baldwin goes pro. Overall of 85.

Freshman HB Reggie Fitzhugh transfers to Oregon State. Overall of 69.

Freshman FB Derrick Baker transfers to Hawaii. Overall of 71.

Oregon State:

None leaving early.

Oklahoma State:

RS JR WR Artrell Woods is going pro. Overall of 84.

JR HB Kendall Hunter is going pro. Overall of 92.

Freshman QB Barrett Hall is transferring to Nebraska. Overall of 70.

NC State:

No one is leaving early.

Mississippi State:

Freshman WR Kyle Miller is transferring to Arkansas. Overall of 75.

FR ROLB Jeremy Duncan is also transferring to Arkansas. Overall of 75.

Kentucky:

RS JR QB Mike Hartline is going pro. Overall of 82.

RS FR CB Cartier Rice is transferring to WMU. Overall of 72.

RS SO WR Kyrus Lanxter is transferring to Army. Overall of 78.

Colorado:

JR WR Josh Smith is going pro. Overall of 82.

RS JR WR Scotty McKnight is going pro. Overall of 88.

RS JR FS Jalil Brown is going pro. Overall of 80.

RS JR CB Jimmy Smith is going pro. Overall of 82.

FR HB Tyrone Osborne is transferring to Arkansas (seems like they got a bunch of transfers.) Overall of 83.

FR QB Kenard Harrison is also trasnferring to Arkansas. Overall of 76.

RS FR HB Ray Polk is transferring to Boise. Overall of 85.

Man, Colorado got hit hard.

Boston College:

No early departures.

Arkansas:

Freshman DE Colby Williams is transferring to FAU. Overall of 75.

Freshman CB Logan Hunter is transferring to CSU. Overall of 77.

Arkansas got the better of the transfer deals.

We will advance in 2 days max since this should only take a minute to do and only a few teams are receiving transfers.

Eaglesfan27 03-01-2009 07:07 PM

Dola -

If you don't have any transfer requests, please remember to set ready to advance status so I know you have checked. Thanks.

kingnebwsu 03-01-2009 07:21 PM

Thanks for making the list.

Colorado got blown up...wow. At least QB Hawkins is coming back for one more year.

Way better offseason losses than last year for Kentucky. No surprise that QB Hartline is going pro with his solid rating and awesome year. Glad we'll be getting Locke back for another season. I'm bummed about losing our 2 starting CB's (who are both seniors). Hopefully recruiting goes well. I think the offseason in recruiting will say a lot about how teams do next season. Good luck to everyone :)

kcchief19 03-01-2009 07:58 PM

HOLY FRAK!

I was fully prepared to lose Hawkins and Scott. Somewhat surprised that both are staying. Jalil Brown makes OK sense -- 2nd team All-American.

Josh Smith going pro doesn't make a ton of sense to me. He did go over 1,000 yards receiving with 10 TDs. Scotty McKnight makes ZERO sense. He had 27 catches for 372 yards and 2 TDs heading into the title game. He returned kicks too but wasn't a superstar. CB Jimmy Smith had 3 picks, 53 tackles.

Don't know what to make of Osbourne and Harrison transferring. I kept both my promises to Harrison and he got playing time, which I didn't promise him. I promised Osbourne solid playing time; I moved him to starting FB part of the way through the season and he got a decent number of touches out of the backfield. I guess I can't fault Polk -- he was the the third man in a two-man backfield.

So, we lose our top 2 WRs, our No. 2 and No. 3 RBs and No. 2 QB. On defense we lose an All-American safety and starting corner. We're also graduating our starting TE, RG, DT, LOLB, MLB, LOLB, the other corner and our P/K. That's essentially 14 starters, five of them to transfers/pros.

Oh, lord of EA football, what did I do to displease you?

Now please excuse me while I go weep quietly in the corner of FOFC ...

kcchief19 03-01-2009 08:04 PM

This has got to be like Christmas morning for WVUFan. Four players, including a starting RB, a QB, a WR and a LB. That really improves the draft class.

Sun Tzu 03-01-2009 08:09 PM

Losing Baldwin sucks...he was definitely a big part in Luck's development. The other two were never going to start anyways.

A fast young FS from the Huskies huh? Thanks :)

Eaglesfan27 03-03-2009 08:38 AM

We are still waiting on SirFozzie, WVUFan, Raiders Army, bhlloy, and Sun Tzu for this stage. We'll be advancing at 10 tonight if not earlier.

Raiders Army 03-03-2009 08:52 AM

I'll get on right now.

Raiders Army 03-03-2009 09:24 AM

Done. Hall leaving for Nebraska kills me. I need a mobile QB.

And as far as I know, I have zero recruits so far.

Sun Tzu 03-03-2009 01:12 PM

I did mine yesterday...it looks like transfers are auto-set to accept...so even if I hadn't signed on it would have still taken the FS.

Eaglesfan27 03-03-2009 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sun Tzu (Post 1958699)
I did mine yesterday...it looks like transfers are auto-set to accept...so even if I hadn't signed on it would have still taken the FS.

Odd, it did not show you as having completed this stage when I checked this morning.

Karlifornia 03-03-2009 04:50 PM

Nobody wants to come to Virginia. I think it's our mascot. He's a scary son-of-a-bitch.

bhlloy 03-03-2009 05:35 PM

I'm done. Sun - you are the only one showing as not complete when I checked about an hour ago.

WVUFAN 03-03-2009 05:39 PM

WaHOO!!!

I'll get mine in tonight before the deadline.

Sorry for the lateness. I get home from a funeral (another uncle died, so I went home for the funeral), and my fiance of over a year breaks up with me. This has been, without a doubt, the worst week of my life.

I need a distraction, and football is just the ticket. :)

Eaglesfan27 03-03-2009 06:10 PM

Since Sun has said he is done, I'll go ahead and advance in a few minutes if everyone else is done.

Eaglesfan27 03-03-2009 06:10 PM

Dola -

Sorry to hear about the crappy week, WVUFan.

Raiders Army 03-03-2009 06:11 PM

Sorry to hear that WVUFan. On a different note, thanks for introducing me to heavyink. Their service is great and even with 99 cent shipping it's still worth it to have comics every week.

Eaglesfan27 03-03-2009 06:22 PM

We've advanced to the stage where we set our recruiting boards! Deadline is 3/6/09 at 10 PM.

bhlloy 03-03-2009 06:48 PM

OK I'm done. Have to say I'm feeling quietly confident about the rest of my class, although it's really close between the 3 PAC-10 teams for a lot of my key guys.

Karlifornia 03-03-2009 07:07 PM

Did my recruiting. I'm liking my chances of landing 4-star MLB Ricky London, being that MLB is a position of need. CB is something else I need, and I took a flier on two 4-star JUCO guys that only had one other offer...promising them a bunch of things, devoting a bunch of time with the phone calls. If I can get just one of them, I'll be ecstatic.

I'm also at the front for two 4 star speed running backs. I already nabbed a 3 star power back. Could thunder and lightning be coming to Virginia?

kcchief19 03-04-2009 10:59 AM

After landing such a marquee class last year (and seeing that class transfer to Arkansas), this year's class hates me. I don't know how the rest of you fared in the "reboot" when we had to restart the league, but I took big time hits on my coach and stability ratings. Definitely seems to have an adverse affect.

I've also gone from needing zero WRs to needing two so I'm taking some fliers in week one and see if anything connects. We'll see if it helps. Right now I'm running No. 1 on on 3-star guys who will be backups but I'm not close to closing the deal on any studs who I need to play next year. I'm making promisies out my ass right now. If we don't win the national title next year with six freshman on the all-American team, my ass is grass and somebody's a lawn mower. :)

Raiders Army 03-04-2009 08:29 PM

Week 1 done for me. It's not as bad as I thought, but I still have zero recruits committed. I think I'm ranked #120 right now.

kingnebwsu 03-05-2009 02:16 PM

Done with my week 1 recruiting. 4 guys left to go. I only have 2 guys signed thus far (both 3-stars) and this week will determine what kind of class I have. We could sign 5 guys or we could sign 15. It really could go either way. My class is not as good of a class as a 2-time defending champ should have, but that's okay. Our quality of player is definitely improving each year and if I can get some of my last-second "flier" guys then I will be in good shape.

Eaglesfan27 03-06-2009 06:03 PM

It's just me, Fozzie, and BigDPW left. I'm about to do mine, but unless I hear from Fozzie, I'm going to delay the deadline a day since he is dealing with a bunch of more important real life crisis stuff right now.

SirFozzie 03-06-2009 06:10 PM

i'll try to get it done at some point overnight

BigDPW 03-06-2009 06:26 PM

I will get mine done tonight as well.

Sun Tzu 03-07-2009 09:22 AM

Did we advance to week 2 yet?

SirFozzie 03-07-2009 09:23 AM

not yet, I was the last one, and I managed to get hings done (shuffles back to bed)

Eaglesfan27 03-07-2009 09:55 AM

We have advanced to week 2. Deadline is 3/10/09 at 10PM, but I'm hopeful that we can get it done much sooner than that. The rest of the recruiting weeks will be 2 day deadlines.

Washington had a nice haul this week, as we got 3 tackles and a FS that was a must get with our recent defection. Bryce Smith is a 6'1 216 pound 4 star FS from Turlock, CA. He has very good speed and strong coverage skills and was the 13th ranked safety in the nation. I thought we were going to lose him to Oregon State.

Sun Tzu 03-07-2009 11:07 AM

Stanford signs seven kids in week 1 alone, propelling us to the top recruiting class in the nation. That gives is a total of 22 recruits signs, with 2 being 5* and 12 being 4*. 8 kids from the top 100, 7 of which play on defense.

bhlloy 03-07-2009 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 (Post 1963051)
Washington had a nice haul this week, as we got 3 tackles and a FS that was a must get with our recent defection. Bryce Smith is a 6'1 216 pound 4 star FS from Turlock, CA. He has very good speed and strong coverage skills and was the 13th ranked safety in the nation. I thought we were going to lose him to Oregon State.

Well that kind of sucks. I guess losing Patton (who I was also in the lead for all last season - thanks EF :) ) and opening up the depth chart changed the race a bit for this guy.

I did manage to win a 4* DE that Washington was tied for me with last week, and also stole a 4* RB with blazing speed away from Stanford that I didn't think I had any shot at. I'm sure Sun won't miss him looking at his class :lol: DE is my biggest need position right now and a speedy RB is pretty much a must have in this game.

We are 24th overall - again it will be quantity over quality this season but I'm still hopeful of landing at least 1 more 4 star guy at a need position and I'm pretty happy.

Eaglesfan27 03-07-2009 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhlloy (Post 1963300)
Well that kind of sucks. I guess losing Patton (who I was also in the lead for all last season - thanks EF :) ) and opening up the depth chart changed the race a bit for this guy.

Agreed that the loss of Patton had a huge effect on us landing Bryce. We have almost no talent at FS, so Bryce is almost certainly going to be the day 1 starter.

kingnebwsu 03-08-2009 12:25 AM

Kentucky stepped up and scored TWELVE recruits in week 1! Our class jumped to the top 10 which is very exciting. We landed the #1 player in the country, HB Kevin Brown. I don't know how much of a force he will be because he's not the fastest HB around. But when the #1 recruit in the country shows interest, you have to go for him. Time will tell how much this will help us. He'll be one of the highest rated players on our roster as a freshman.

Congrats to Stanford & Okie State, each of whom stole an offensive lineman from my school. Argh. I also lost one to Washington, but I was like 5th on his list. It's much tougher recruiting against humans (duh I guess ;))

I'm really impressed with everyone's recruiting efforts. Human teams comprise 5 of the top 10 classes and EIGHT of the top 16 classes! Awesome! I have a feeling that a human team will win all 4 of the conferences this year and we may have more than 2 undefeated teams. Preseason polls are going to be hugely important.

I think 5 or 6 people still have to recruit. Let's get this done so we can advance! I know we're all itchin' to play some more games.

Good luck everyone :)

Eaglesfan27 03-08-2009 07:57 PM

It looks like 2 people still haven't touched recruiting. A few people have left a few hours which I'm assuming is intentional.

Sun Tzu 03-10-2009 10:17 PM

dum de dum :)

Eaglesfan27 03-10-2009 10:27 PM

Advancing now..

Eaglesfan27 03-10-2009 10:37 PM

We are on to week 3. Most of the top recruits are gone, so we'll drop down to 2 days between deadlines.

Karlifornia 03-10-2009 10:45 PM

Time to fire it up and see what's what.

Sun Tzu 03-10-2009 10:54 PM

Looks like we're probably gunna hold on to the top recruiting class spot for the year. Now I'm looking at potential non-scholarship signees who could make the roster.

Karlifornia 03-10-2009 11:26 PM

Sun, allow me first to congratulate you, and then also present you with your 2009 Recruiting National Championship Ring:

Sun Tzu 03-11-2009 08:24 AM

I hope my wife doesn't mind if I use this as my wedding ring from now on.

kingnebwsu 03-11-2009 01:55 PM

I think that half of the users have done their recruiting. I think that we'll be advancing at the deadline for the rest of the offseason, but we'll see.

Kentucky has 18 guys signed (plus one transfer). It looks like we'll be able to get to at least 21-22 total guys, and maybe even get to 25. I didn't think this was possible at the end of the regular season, but here we are.

Good luck to everyone :)

Raiders Army 03-11-2009 05:50 PM

Well, Okie State jumped from 120th to 33rd in recruiting. I guess that's something.

I'm done with week 3.

WVUFAN 03-11-2009 07:17 PM

How are y'all checking your recruiting class #'s?

Sun Tzu 03-11-2009 08:26 PM

"top classes" in the recruiting section. Just hit left a couple times.

Ironhead 03-11-2009 10:55 PM

I'll have mine done tomorrow around 7 pm est.

WVUFAN 03-12-2009 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sun Tzu (Post 1966681)
"top classes" in the recruiting section. Just hit left a couple times.

Ack. I didn't even notice that before. Arkansas is #16.

Eaglesfan27 03-12-2009 10:10 AM

A few people weren't done so I didn't bother doing mine last night since the wife was anxious to go to bed. We'll advance right around the deadline tonight.

Galaxy 03-12-2009 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karlifornia (Post 1966027)
Sun, allow me first to congratulate you, and then also present you with your 2009 Recruiting National Championship Ring:

Texas must have a lot of those. :)

Eaglesfan27 03-12-2009 10:32 PM

Ugh, maybe I hit something wrong (although I don't think I did), but the game not only finished up week 3 of offseason recruiting tonight, it also simulated weeks 4 and 5.

We could roll-back assuming someone has a save file. Or we could press on with the position change stage which is next.

The argument that comes to mind for pressing on is that everyone who had any real talent has signed by the end of week 3. I know the top guy left on my board was a 2 star player.

However, the argument for rolling back is that some teams may still be filling out their roster. I know I was trying to get the best FB out a bunch of rejects.

Let me know what you want to do either in this thread or via PM.