View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 02:31 PM   #281
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Oh, and here's some more backstory stuff we never got to hear about. Some good reading on MJ's Blog about how it sucks for the 5-10 people who made the top 40 but not the top 24 and were barely or never seen on the show. Apparently, once you've made the top 40 (or 44 in some years), and you don't make the top 24, you can't come back to compete.

I wonder if that was part of the strategy of that guy who quit last year after he screwed up, but came back this year and made it. Maybe he was afraid he'd get just far enough to be precluded from competing again, but not get chosen for the top 24. If so, good move on his part.

Eric Davis - Eliminated. Eric has a giant backstory. For reasons, we’ll never know, TPTB decided not to reveal his story on the show. Eric had spent 7 years in prison where he found God. He eventually became a youth minister. You can hear him sing “His Eye is on The Sparrow” and his testimony here.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote