View Single Post
Old 06-02-2007, 03:41 AM   #206
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Our TV show gets a 0.74 show rating - down .02 from last week, but still matching our 2nd highest ever rating.

-I've signed another Villano, Villano III to a PPA contract at $1,325/show - that's more than twice what his brothers make, but he's clearly the best in the family. He has at least a B- rating in 11 stat categories, compared with just two each for the other Villanos. Stat-wise, he's actually one of the best all-around talents in the company, though he's almost completely unknown in the US. This at least gives Gory someone worthwhile to manage. There may be a cut or two soon as our roster is getting a little bloated again.

-Buddy Roberts, Steve Regal, and Bob Backlund all were exhausted after the last show (not coincidently, they all work for AWA). I'm pretty surprised Backlund needs a breather, but I'll have to try harder to use all guys more efficiently. Roberts seemed to be especially in need of a break, as there was even a dirt sheet article about his exhaustion.

-Speaking of the dirtsheets, they once again hype iceman Parsons as a "future star".

-New Japan continues to reach out for talent after they reach Cult Status - they offer contracts to David, Kevin, and Chris Adams. I don't think David & Kevin will be tempted, but Adams will surly take the offer. I don't have a problem with that - he'll have a chance to improve against great competition.

-Mark Lewin (who is recently unemployed), has rejected negotiations with us, saying we're not big enough. He's a largely forgotten guy these days, but has pretty good Texas overness at this point.

-Dork Funk Jr. (working for New Japan and Mid-Atlantic) will be out 6 months with an injury. Maybe we'll have a shot at him after that - he's huge in Texas.

-Magic Dragon has signed with New Japan, and considers them a priority over us. That doesn't create any conflicts for us, but will increase fatigue issues and injury risks. On the other hand, he'll get more in-ring work with a top company, which should help him improve.

-Labor Day Star Wars, to be held a week early, next Saturday, has the following matches advertised:

WCCW Texas & American Heavyweight Title match
David Von Erich v. Bob Backlund

WCCW American Tag Team Title Match
Buddy Roberts & Michael Hayes v. Kerry & Kevin Von Erich

Texas Death Match
The Great Kabuki v. Manny Fernandez

Six-Man Tag Team Championship Match
Koko B. Ware, Bobby Eaton & Ken Mantel v. The Villanos & Super Kendo

Iceman Parsons & Chris Adams v. Frank Dusek & Checkmate

Adrian Adonis v. Scott Casey

Last edited by molson : 06-02-2007 at 03:41 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote