View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 03:11 AM   #9
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Week 1

#19 Alabama at Florida Atlantic

So for some reason, Alabama agreed to come play at our place. I'm not really sure why (that was pure AI scheduling, i had nothing to do with it). It should make for an interesting debut for our freshmen.

We gave Alabama a pretty tough fight in this one, actually taking a 6-3 lead into the 2nd quarter. Dean Hoo started off strong with a broken up pass and sack on Alabamas first possession. He almost single handedly stopped several Alabama drives, keeping us in the game. Jamie Moore had a few nice runs, helping us get a series of FG's. At halftime, the score was only 17-9. Unfortunately, Alabama got it together after halftime and broke the game open with two quick 3rd quarter TD's tot ake a 31-9. This forced us to give up the running game and switch to the less successful passing attack. The best we could do was one more FG and Alabama added a late TD for a 38-12 final score.

Can't be upset with this loss. 38-12 loss to the #19 team is a pretty good showing if you ask me. Both Moore and Hoo played very well in the loss. Moore had 93 yards rushing and Hoo had 9 tackles, 2 sacks, and a forced fumble.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote