View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 07:05 AM   #79
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

And jb(cut and paste)magic makes his appearance in the ootp 9 thread on the ootp boards..

My post from about 2:30 am yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Yes, there are many issues with the rosters, I've already said it needs to be fixed. The rosters are user made, I believe by Erich(Rolen17) and until they can be done by inputing stats instead of ratings I don't think it will get any better. You have to "guess" for a lack of a better term to find the proper ratings mix to make players as you want them to be.

The reason I bring up the number of players is instead of making the 800-1200 players needed for the major leagues and testing, these guys are making them for all levels and testing. Don't you think they should prioritize getting the majors right first (if it can even be done with the current system) and then move down?

Hell, if your first post in the thread said you wouldn't be buying the game until this was fixed instead of about leagues in Zimbabwe I'd have been agreeing with you all the way.

jb's from last night around 11:30 pm

Quote:
jbmagic
Hall Of Famer

Tons of tweaks & AI improvement.

Please give us more detail on that.

Every patch or update or new version you always say that.

But the AI is very weak and the same bugs carry over from one version to the next.

Like AI finances, online waiver claims, player releases, free cuts in the off season, broken compensation, coaches/scouts, trades, etc.

I hope this version finally fixes all the AI problems that been in the game from many version now.

MLB Rosters

Its never going to be any good until you let us enter the stats of players to produce the player rating.

Until that can be done by inputing stats instead of ratings I don't think it will get any better. You have to "guess" for a lack of a better term to find the proper ratings mix to make players as you want them to be.

That is going to make it difficult for roster makers.

I like how he pulled the quote mid-sentence and capitalized "Until" then changed
"they" to "that". His craft is evolving
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote