View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 11:06 AM   #500
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I guess you kind of have to have a good attitude to enjoy these games, like HA. I mean, I loved Micro League Baseball on my Apple IIgs, and back then, didn't have any problem looking past the million flaws. As the games get better we expect more and more, and we've (pretty amazingly) made it to a point where ANY difference between the game and real life is considered a flaw.

i look at the big picture. on a micro level too much goes on that it'd take a real long time to sim a lot of years if i'm following the careers of individual players not on my team to look out for quirks. on any given season in real life a lot of crap goes on, sometimes behind the scenes, that add to the oddity of the game. if a 40 something year old player who still had great power and an excellent eye/avoid K ability were to be unsigned in baseball all the while not asking for a big contract you'd say the AI was faulty. i guess Barry Bonds should take comfort then. in no other era would a player with Bonds' abilities (even despite his age) be not signed this late into the season. heck, even Hank Aaron still went on to play a few more season after breaking the HR record.

don't look at things on the micro level. if you did the same thing to FOF you'd find one hell of a faulty game, but not even that game gets half as much grief around here.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote