View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 12:23 PM   #27
Raiders Army
Coordinator

If it's blatant, that's a pretty clear cut situation and I'd think most would agree...however, when is it not blatant?

For example, I won last night 15-14 against some guy in a ranked game. He played realistically and so did I. But...I won the game by almost not being realistic. I was driving down the field, he expended one time out and there was about a minute left. He stopped me for 4th and 3 on the 14 yard line. Now if I kick the field goal and go up 15-14 I leave him time on the clock and my return team hadn't done squat to keep him pinned deep. I decide to go for it, run slants out of shotgun, and get the first down. I run out the clock and kick the field goal to win the game with 4 seconds left. Was that unrealistic?

Here's another example. For the most part, the QB sneak is worth a yard or two almost every time (I want to say every time, but I'm sure someone will correct me. I've never seen it stopped and I've never stopped it). Is it cheesing to run the QB sneak if it's 3rd and short every time? Or would it be an example of realism where a team finds a play that works and uses it when they need to? What if it's 4th and short? Does that make a difference?
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote