View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 09:31 PM   #424
Calis
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Well, that's the point that I was really making. Lesnar is green by MMA standards, and the argument was whether he should even be in that fight after 3 fights. Should he be pushed as a main event draw before he is established, like Kimbo?

I think in the UFC's case it's a good move. There HW division has been weak, and it's done a complete turnaround due to this fight. People are excited, and it's a no-lose situation for them. If Randy wins, he's Randy. I don't think that reflects too poorly on Lesnar, and if Lesnar wins he's instantly credible and sets up a huge fight with Nog or Mir.

So I think from a business standpoint it's a good move for them.

From a sporting standpoint? No way he's earned a title shot. He beat a gatekeeper and lost to a guy who also shouldn't be getting a title shot. The problem is who else do they put in for the title? I think Werdum is the one getting the short end here because he should be next on the list.

I don't think Lesnar deserves to be there, but I can't fault the UFC for doing it and he matches up very well against Randy.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote