View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 12:20 PM   #35
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Reading the Swedish mystery writer Hakan Nesser: Mind's Eye, Borkmann's Point and The Return. Only these three have been translated into English so far.

Apparently there are a lot of ax murderers in Sweden.

Quite funny and clever, given all the mysteries out there. I was able to able to guess the guilty party in the first two, but not why, so he kept me hooked.

Before that was Born on a Blue Day, the biography of Autistic language savant Daniel Tammet. His explanation of how he 'sees' numbers as colors and patterns is fascinating. As well as explaining how he decided to make his first job (and leaving home for the first time) teaching English in Lithuania.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote