View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 11:52 PM   #107
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Team Awards:

Offensive Player of the Year: WR Monty Swift. In a year in which Allard was anemic at times, Taylor could not reignite his previous year, Graham was injured and Swift was supposed to have been downgraded to 3rd WR he still put up good numbers at the WR position.
Defensive Player of the Year: CB Samari Rolle. Often in the shadow of Sam Madison or Donovin Darius, this was his year to step up big, and he did.
Special Teams Player of the Year: CB Don Fitzgerald. He had good return averages in both PR and KR, and had two TDs to his name. A good year.
Rookie of the Year: CB Jack Huntley. There are no obvious players, but CB Jack Huntley had a solid year with 3 picks starting at the CB position. That’s more picks than Darius.
Heart Award: WR Tony Dunnigan. He’s won this before. He dropped to 4th on our roster, and due to injuries, had 5 starts. However, with just five starts and deep on the chart, he still managed to have a record season for him, with a ton of yards and TDs. It’s be sad to see this UFA go, but he’ll be too pricey to keep. A real shame. He’ll ask too much money, no one will grab him, and then he’ll leave NFL, but I would have given him a long term home on my roster in the 3-4 spot. Ah well.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote