View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 10:40 PM   #109
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Hello Free Agency:

Crazy Thoughts - Allard had a down year last year and my scout had dropped our evaluation of him. What if we traded him and then used the high draft pick to find some nice long term players?

Let’s live dangerously. I trade Allard to the Dolphins for their 1 and 5 picks (6th in the round).

I trade Fred Taylor for a 6th to the Ravens. Clears up more salary.

I spend some of that cap room to extend Marvin Graham by 3 years. I can’t get Baldridge to sign a longer contract, so I sign him to a one year deal.

I extend Bart Zambrano’s contract by a year, Olindo Mare’s by two years, Lethon Flowers by two.

I have decisions to make with my Ots. Neither have had great stats and both are in their contract year. Options include signing one and trading the other, trading both, or signing both.

Mo Collins is in his 10th year and LJ Shelton in his 9th. This is not a bad time to leave them. Last year, LJ allowed fewer sacks, has slightly better bars, and is one year younger. I look to move Collins.

After some moves, I end up trading both to Arizona in a package deal and get a 1st and a 5th from the Cardinals.

It’s time to refresh my roster.

During the draft I have 3 1sts, 3 2nds, 1 3rd, 3 4ths, 3 5ths, 5 6ths and a 7th.

Total # of draft picks: 19

Moving the expensive OTs gave me 35 million under the cap which I can spend on a nice FA or two.

Needs:

Backup: Qbx2, RBx3, TE, WRx2, C, Otx2, LB, CB, Sx2

Starter: TE, OT (Perhaps OT, QB), DE, DT, LB

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote