View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 05:44 PM   #842
Travis
Pro Rookie

Re: Bisping. This has been an ongoing thing with him. I really liked how he fought when he was on TUF, but as he had more and more "success" (really thought he lost the Hamill fight) I switched from cheering for him to hoping that each and every guy he came up against would just stomp the octagon with him to reset him (hopefully) and refocus him. His mouth outweighed anything he had done in the ring and it just seemed more and more that he went from being a true underdog on TUF to lording over anybody who'd listen to him that he was the next (if not current) greatest thing because he'd reeled off a few consecutive wins.

Now I certainly wasn't wishing the second Hendo shot on him, but I think the KO might be the best thing to happen to him as it should be a shot of reality that he really needed. He was believing his own press a bit (okay, a lot) too much and hopefully this will be the adversity he needs to reasses his training/learning/etc and become the best figher he can be.

Yes he deserved to be put in his place, but not to the extent Hendo went. I'm expecting a fine (rather than a suspension) if anything happens to him at all though.