View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 07:42 AM   #63
jdavidbakr
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandelion View Post
Be it as it may, if Your assumption is right, then getting the right personnel on the field would be just pure luck, right? Which would - IMHO - devalue several of the assumptions made in the first posts of the thread.

The key here is that the game is stats driven, which means the box score will look great, but going through the game log you start to see some of the flaws of the game engine. If you plan your game with that in mind you will do better than micro-analyzing each play and trying to figure out why your team did what it did. So it doesn't invalidate the above strategies, it just means that you need larger sample sizes to make everything play out ok. I've said this before and I'm pretty sure I'm correct in my assumption that who you have on the field for each given play isn't as important as it would be if the game was simmed at the 2-d level, as not every player appears to have an effect on the outcome of each play. Look at the stats on a macro level and you'll appreciate it better, looking at it on the micro level (and thinking you can have a greater effect at that level) can lead to frustration.
jdavidbakr is offline   Reply With Quote