View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 09:20 AM   #77
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Aside from the "touching my monitor to point at something" pet peeve, most of mine revolve around folks who think whatever they are doing is FAR more important than what anyone else could possibly be doing:

- The "blocking the aisle with your cart" thing already mentioned.
- The "passing you then cutting in front to slow down in the car" thing already mentioned. This is usually followed by a turn out of your lane when they had plenty of room to slide in behind you.
- Related are the folks that will miss a turn, then block traffic while they try and get an opportunity when they could just go up to the next light or turn lane (which is usually visible) and turn around there.
- Parking at the front of the store, often with the person opening their door as you try to go around them. I know we had a whole thread on this.
- Taking up multiple parking spaces with your car. Sorry, if you're so scared of dings, don't drive it, but at the least park way freakin' out back.
- Loud cellphone talking, as if I care about your conversation.
- Gum snapping for similar reasons.
- Complaining to a service person about things that you had control over, like the lady who brought her two infants on the train last weekend and was annoyed that she could not get hot water at 3AM. Plan ahead!
- Not throwing away the empty box when taking the last donut / plastic fork / whatever. The trash can is sitting RIGHT THERE even.