View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 10:33 PM   #11
Bako
H.S. Freshman Team

I understand what your saying about adding rules and the extra work it would put on you. I am not looking for that to happen at all. I appreciate the work you put in Meat.

I could easily go over the cap year in and year out with no penalty, but in my eyes that bastardizes the game. There is a cap for a reason and there are built in penalties because it is illegal to be over the cap. Unfortunately since we have no draft, people can break the rules with no punishment. To me juggling the cap is one of the greater challenges of the game. Simply using all of your cap on 30 players and having the AI fill your roster is not game play or strategy, "it's so easy a caveman could do it."

A rule could be very simple. Something like, "Teams are required to be under the salary cap by Week 1. If you fail to get under the cap, the commish will release a player(s) to get you under the cap for the playoff file."

I may be the minority on this topic, and that is fine. If I am then I will leave it alone and do my best to compete with guys who have to over-spend to field a good team and win.