View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 03:23 PM   #16
TheMeat
n00b

I'm glad to see this didn't turn into a poo-fight

Like C4 said, in a league with only 7 of us I think it's important that everyone have a strong voice regarding league policy. Bako, you've been top-notch owner and if this does hinder your enjoyment of the league then I'd be willing to stay under the cap even if it's just a gentleman's agreement to do so. Especially since we're div rivals. I think I could stay 10mil under the cap and still beat the Texans

I like it that you're a NFL purist-type because none of us would be here if we weren't NFL fans, and sometimes it's cheesy that this game (like all games) turns into beating the machinery itself rather than simulating the real NFL. I remember when TTWS first started and Subby's cardinals had a couple seasons over the cap, we had a couple long phone convos on the issue (I think everyone knows how excitable T can be ) and over time we've come to agree that it's a minor glitch.

I like to think of this league as a wild west style sim where we are free to really go nuts on the game itself and I view it not as Me vs. You or anyone else, but me vs. the game. I will throw for 6,000 yards. I've done it before in SP with less talent than my team currently has. My QB looks like he might go into orbit, he keeps creeping up.
Owner/GM of the soon to be awesome Fort Worth Fury of the IHOF

TheMeat is offline   Reply With Quote