View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 08:41 AM   #74
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

One marketing tip I learned from my daughter's recent Disney wedding is the photographers. They are very important in a number of ways. Most obviously is that if they work at your winery, they will tell people about. They will use pictures in their marketing brochures, and you want to be in those.

More subtle is that different photographers are better at different things. For example, my daughter chose one photographer to take the outdoor ceremony pictures at the Boardwalk hotel at noon and another to take the dessert reception pictures during the EPCOT fireworks display at night. Why? Because the second photographer has the reputation as taking great fireworks pictures--and he lived up to that.

If you can, take the time to find out which photographers take great pictures at your winery and what time of day and where on the site. Encourage them to take shots beforehand and let you see them. You may have a need for these kind of photos, too.

Remember, after the wedding all the memories are in the pictures. You want people to be able to show great shots to their friends and relatives, so you want the best photographers to do the work--not necessarily the cheapest.

Check out the local photography Facebook pages. That's one way my daughter researched photographers.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW

Last edited by OldGiants : 05-06-2010 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Cause I wanted to
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote