View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 03:51 PM   #549
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_meanstrosity View Post
Ugh. I wouldn't be surprised by anything the board of regents does. I would hope that they used common sense and wouldn't let one school drag the other down. I'm sorry, but neither KU nor KSU have the pull of a Texas or Texas A&M. It's one thing for a state like Texas to pull a move like this (Baylor), but if I'm a conference commissioner I laugh if the state of Kansas tries it. Idiotic if true, but it wouldn't surprise me.
810 talked about this today and said that while no one will go on the record and say it, the state regents are unified in their support that Kansas and K-State are a package deal.

I have way too much faith in your AD too. I don't trust Lew Perkins as far as I can throw him. I think he's dirty too, and that will probably catch up with him at some point.

That's why I think Missouri has got to play it smart by playing along with the Big Ten's rules (keep everything quiet and don't talk about expansion) while watching Perkins. He'd given away the farm to take KU to the Big 10 and screw Missouri. Not because he's out to get MU but because he's going to do whatever it takes to help KU, no matter what.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote