View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 08:28 AM   #118
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
I thought the episode overall was decent and I thought they rushed the Rick/wife reunion.

I'm okay with the reunion at this point, mostly because I was afraid they would get too bogged down in the soapy aspects of that plot line. Still could, but at least the first shoe has been dropped & is out of the way.

One of the things that surprised me most about last night was the low body - two, IIRC - but they managed to keep the episode from dragging IMO. I think that says something about the overall tension level they've created in their universe, even when nothing is happening you still tend to lean forward in expectation that it might happen at any moment.

On the down side, I get the point about not being able to pick your neighbors/companions & how that can lead to being forced to deal with a lot of assholes, but the introduction of the abusive husband so close to dealing with the aging skinhead last week ... well, it just seemed a bit much.

edit to add: Oh, about the timing of the reunion. I think we have to remember that when these eps were written/filmed, they only had a six episode order in hand. I suspect they felt at least a little bit of pressure to kind of keep key plot points moving along in order to reach their desired conclusion.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 11-15-2010 at 08:30 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote