View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 12:49 PM   #39
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
The game was filled with atrocious calls, and unfortunately most seemed to go against the 49ers. Justin Smith was being shoved pretty harshy by a ref that is widely known to have a "tough guy" image. Smith basically pushed the refs arm off of him (he had been pushed a solid five yards by now) and then the ref looked at him wide-eyed like he was going to sock him in the mouth. Total classless move by the ref, and it's a shame that a nice guy like JS had to be the bear the brunt of it. Another shitty call was the "facemask" penalty that negated the Ginn return for TD. If that was a facemask, then you may as well call that penalty on every player, every play. Ridiculous.

As a fan watching how many horrible penalties & bad ref calls go against the Chargers over the last few years (Ed Hochuli in Denver for example), last night was nothing.

I actually did not see where the 49er committed a face mask penalty on that kick off return. However, I did see what looked like that a Charger was doing the face mask. Then again, the 9ers did get away with a block in the back and holding on the return. The penalty that blew me away was the one called against the 49ers DB on the sideline. Horrible call.

Quote:
Still, I think the Bolts would have won. Everyone expected Sing to get out-coached, and it played out like I expected.

Yup, penalties aside, when your game plan excludes your best receiver (Vernon Davis), not sure how you can expect your team to win. You know your team is destined to have a bad year when you can't even take advantage of a penalty on a field goal that gives you first down and you go away with zero points because you got stuffed on the goal line.

I say, lose out the rest of the season, get some good draft picks and don't be scared to sign some good free agents in the off season (mainly a QB) and get a coaching staff that doesn't look like they just showed up to a funeral.

Regardless though, this will NEVER make up for Super Bowl 29!!!

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote