View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 12:40 PM   #520
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
I actually picked up Infinity Blade, though I haven't started it yet. It's not that I mind twitchy, but I'm also looking for something sort of like Animal Crossing or maybe Harvest Moon. What I love about Animal Crossing is there's a lot of different items to collect, and you do better if you check it daily, but there's no penalty for putting it down for 6 months. And there's no real winning or losing. Looking at it more, Pocket Frogs may be close to what I'm looking for (not as deep but oh well)...trying to find some online instructions.

/tk

Not much you really need to know about Pocket Frogs. Any frog has first a breed, then a primary and a secondary color. There are 40 different breeds but they have levels, so you won't be able to breed all of them at first. There are 23 primary colors and 16 secondary colors with different names than the primaries, i.e. while some primary and secondary colors may look the same, they won't be called the same. Makes it easier to name the frogs. There are awards you can get by putting together assortments of frogs in one habitat. A habitat is a place where you can keep your frogs together and one of them can have 8 frogs at a time. You need to tame a frog by going to the pond and eating the level of the breed of that frog times 3. You move from water lily to water lily simply by touching the one you want to get to and if a fly is in between, you eat it. Once tamed, a frog can be sold, gifted to friend, cataloged (in order to buy it back someday) or bred. You breed frogs by touching the frog and then selecting "breed" from the menu. You will be given a choice among other frog in the same habitat that eligible, i.e. adult and tamed. Adult because frogs take a certain time to grow up, more time the higher level they are. You can shorten that time by using potions or by eating flies.

I've not taken care of my frogs in a long while. Maybe I should go back and see them a bit.

FM