View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 08:35 PM   #451
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by law90026 View Post

That really didn't answer my question in any way...Gervinho wasn't violent in his conduct, but its well known you hit someone in the face it with clear intent(which there is no denying in any way this was accidental body contact or just a high push in the run of play, this is during a fracas between two players already pushing). The intent and the action = red, he clearly meant to hit his face, and did, so its a red and a suspension. Barton does what? Picks up gervinho? That happens all the time, albeit this one was not the garden variety friendly hand but just last week rooney did it to micah richards in the community shield. Now that one was friendly, but i don't know of any rule saying you cant pull on a players shirt to get him up. Maybe it is there, I don't know of it. As for the play acting, again I don't like it but he was hit. I deplore dives when there is no contact, think they deserve suspensions(and arguing about a Barton dive and ignoring a possible Gervinho dive is amusing)...but when you get hit in the face I have no problem making sure the ref knows about it. And the rules agree. A foul occurred(slap to the face), Barton goes down, I see no rule broken there. I know Troy is a big arsenal homer, and honestly I like arsenal quite a bit more then newcastle or barton, but having seen one of my team's players suspended for swearing at a TV camera, I try to look for reason in suspensions and I just don't see how stamping on and slapping a player warrant anything similar in terms of punishment compared with falling down when hit in the face and pulling a player off the ground. I think Barton deserved a yellow for pulling the guy up like that, but that about as far as I could take it and even then I dont feel totally comfortable.

End Rambling Retort

On a side note, I did love the articles talk about the pick-up being a foul in the box since play was not stopped, absolutely brilliant catch and a very tough call on possible penalty rewards at that point. I tend to think in theory that is a penalty but he is quite right and that is a damn hard one to call
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote