View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 01:25 PM   #5237
timmynausea
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I'll admit I can't see a likely end game for this realignment that doesn't end with WVU getting screwed. Unfortunately they just don't bring much to the table.

I guess it depends on how you look at it. First, if the SEC goes to 16 as expected, who else are they going to get for the East division?

Even if they stay at 14 (with Missouri as #14), that leaves WVU as probably the best football program in the merged Big 12 and Big East. So long as those 2 combined can keep 1 of their 2 BCS autobids, how is it worse than the Big East right now? I mean, Syracuse and Pitt combined had a losing conference record over the history of the Big East. Depending on the exact lineup, WVU and TCU would likely be the football powers, and WVU, Louisville and Kansas also give you 3 top 20 basketball teams.

I guess it plays out like a disappointment compared to joining the SEC or ACC, of course, but I don't really see it as a drop off from their current position. If they lose the BCS bid, on the other hand, that changes.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote