View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 07:41 AM   #423
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
(at which time the team will go on a massive tear after the New Year that will flicker some hope, only to run out of gas at the end, similar to 2010)

Or 2005 or pick your year. Even the 2006 cup year was a horrid start, but they went on the massive tear after New Year that by some miracle they did not run out of gas on.

I don't think I've ever seen the Canes put together a complete season. Inconsistent play and lack of effort has ALWAYS been a hallmark of these teams. I still remember the Boston game when the Canes win and they're in, and Boston was down several players including the starting goalie due to injury and they couldn't win. And I'll always remember the Montreal game during one of their stretch collapses that cost them a playoff spot where the entire game consisted of dumpoff into the Montreal end, scrum around the Montreal goal, puck squirts out, two Canadiens bring it down the ice, one Cane trailing trying to catch up, goal.

Ah well, at least I won the NC Lottery prize pack back a few weeks ago when Washington came to town, that we almost missed because both kids needed a potty break...