View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 04:20 PM   #760
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Yes. We're talking about a quick emotional reaction and a quick punishment. You know the enforcer will not miss something that is even close to questionable. You don't know what the league will miss and the players will try to push the envelope to see what they can get away with.

When the players do the policing they will come after you for a clean but borderline hit too, as you know that is how it works. That will have more of an affect on a player than any new rule will. Players that are already looking to make those hits will be thinking that they won't get caught. With a new rule you get punishment, with player policing you get prevention.

With the players policing you will think twice about any hard hit on their star player, even if it could be legal.

This got me thinking (in relation to what I posted earlier). For a guy like Suh or Harrison in the NFL, what would happen if players were allowed to "police" the game like the NHL does? Instead of Suh stomping on that guy's head and being thrown out, what if a 300lb O-lineman threw him to the ground and stomped on him in return?

The NFL would be much more interesting at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote