View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 10:15 AM   #279
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
i like your rants actually. And I don't actually give a flying f*** if mpaa loses money. Now if they gave more to their actors/writers/directors when they are making their billions of dollars on merchandise and dvd sales then I'd actually be on their side. But they are already profiting from other people's talents.

Also, I've said before that I have never believed piracy takes money away from them. Having met people that pirate, they don't seem to care about what they are watching. It seems like the whole point is to pirate it and just have something to watch while doing other stuff. But they would never buy it otherwise. Myself when I find something online, it just makes me want to go buy a copy so I can have a good version of it.

Ya, and they only pirate stuff because Darth Vader didn't get his residuals.

But seriously, the "good version" thing - can't you get a perfect copy of any music or song or TV show or game for free (and sometimes with game, the pirated version is actually better because you don't have the copy protection stuff)? Just without the packing materials? A lot of people say, "I pirate it and then if I like it I buy it". I'm curious - why? Why would you buy something you already have? Is it a moral thing, or do you like the packaging? If you could get a pirated version that contained the exact package as well, would there be any reason to buy it?

It seems like a disconnect to me. People might think pirating is OK, but then they say they'll that they buy something if it's any good. If pirating is OK, why bother?

Last edited by molson : 01-21-2012 at 10:19 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote