View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 12:49 PM   #290
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Edit: And like I was saying earlier, pirates, with all their claimed super-knowledge about what the entertainment industry is doing wrong, and where it should be going, should be leading the way to the future. If the concept of copyright, or even the concept of consumerist art is such a turn off-, they should get out of it and lead the way forward with non-commercial, independently funded stuff (if their art even requires traditional "funding)", and of course, it should all be open and free and easily copied. Instead of just downloading Hollywood movies while complaining about how corrupt and backwards Hollywood is. I guess this has happened to some extent with some productivity software, but for our movies and TV and video games, we still prefer Hollywood to the Openoffice equivalent, we just don't want to pay for it.

100% agreed. I can't stand when someone says tries to make the argument that piracy of, say, Hollywood movies, is ok because "they charge too much" - it isn't like someone is forcing you to pay the money. And RedBox is only $1! I am no crusader on this (obviously), but bootleg copies really piss me off! We really want to see what Hollywood has put out, but don't want to pay for it.