View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 10:13 AM   #40
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I was just thinking of my current team. Over the past few years, I have regularly had one of the best offenses in the game, and I was 1st or 2nd again in the RL last year in runs scored.

The issue now is age, because a lot of the guys who fueled the offense explosion from my farm system years ago are gone or old now. Top end 30-somethings who are very good offensive players include C Guzman, 1B Kim, SS Simpson and 3B/RF Rangel. They will need to be replaced very soon.

The new core of the lineup will need to be built around 2B Bobby Spencer and RF Fernando Guillen.

But the offense will be there again next year. The lineup is just too deep, just need a better CF really.

Pitching on the other hand...wow, I have really struck out on SP. I accidentally let David Tidwell get away in an arb day messup on my part some years ago, and this past offseason I was outbid for longtime Hooligan Ric Thomas. So it's ace Julio Cortes at #1. And who knows at 2 thru 5.

If I can solve the rotation problem, Hammersmith's stay at the bottom will be very short.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 02-08-2012 at 10:15 AM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote