View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 08:30 AM   #4
hyde4us11
Coordinator

CL Presents Outstanding Pitcher Award
Thursday, November 20th, 2149: The Gabriel Prado Award for 2149 has been presented and the Continental League winner is Maurice LaRose of Noblesville.

"It's always nice to receive an award like this," said LaRose. "I just hope I can improve on my performance next year and be in the running again," the Millers star told reporters.

LaRose excelled with an impressive 22-5 record in 32 starts. In 222 innings he yielded 182 hits and 45 walks, while striking out 196 and compiling a fine 2.51 ERA.

Gibson Takes Home RL Gabriel Prado Award
Thursday, November 20th, 2149: What does it take to win the Gabriel Prado Award?

Just ask Ben Gibson of the Ann Arbor Winged Lingerines -- the latest Republic League Gabriel Prado Award winner.

"My dad always told me to dream big and dream always," he said. "It's not like I shoot for the Gabriel Prado Award," he said. "I have big aspirations for what I want to do in this game and what I want to achieve in a long career."

The Winged Lingerines pitching ace made some of his dreams come true this year, winning 21 games and losing only 5. In 32 starts, Gibson registered a 3.05 ERA and limited other clubs to a .261 batting average. He fanned 127 in 218.1 innings and issued 48 walks.