View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 06:22 PM   #38
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Still confused...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I hate that OOTP gives away my compensation picks for my own signings. In MLB, I believe, the only picks a team can have taken away for compensation are their own, original picks. I know we're not MLB, but we have always tried to model ourselves in that manner, and I know this happens not because of a design decision on the part of the OOTP team, but a lack of realization of how their free agent comp module is doing its job.

It's sounding like you are saying you lost a pick for resigning your own player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Wait! If you sign your own FAs you lose your picks??? How? Who do the picks go to?

Which is why I asked this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde4us11 View Post
If someone signs a FA of yours and you get a 1st round pick from them you will lose that acquired pick if you sign a type A.

Yeah I know this part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde4us11 View Post
Chief signed one of my players so he had to give one of his 1st round pick to me. The pick I received was the 1st round pick he got from someone else because they signed one of his type A FA.

Ohhhhhhhh. I get it. I always assumed it did this just to balance out the equation. Makes since really. Otherwise it would probably run out of rounds. having to dig down into 4th and 5th and beyond (which doesn't exist.)
If you don't want to lose picks, simple. Don't sign anyone that gets you picks or else release enough good A's that you'll get more picks to compensate.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote