View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 12:45 PM   #1130
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
DOLA - Carter has been about as far from an asset as you can possibly get for the Jackets. I'm stunned people still consider him an elite player. That being said you could probably say the same about Johnson.

Biggest problem I see for the Jackets is you have a TON of money tied up in similar defencemen in Wiz and Johnson for a while. Both talented guys who can be brain dead in their own end far too often and might not have the greatest work ethic. But still, getting out from that Carter contract and situation has to be a win

I don't watch too many Kings games, so I can't really comment on Jack Johnson. But it's possible that he could right the ship mentally and from a work ethic standpoint. If so, getting a reliable #1 or #2 defensemen (and a first round pick) seems like a great deal. You can never over estimate the need for a solid defense corps, though it remains to be seen of Johnson can be part of that is part of the problem.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote