View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 02:41 PM   #7
Izulde
Head Coach

Game 6
Intermediate as USSR. I *will* get a win and be able to move up, damn it.

First couple turns are about forcing the US out of our sphere of influence, but there's no really cool storylines developing. Iran Exploit nets us 487 points to US's 73 in Turn 3.

Actually there is a cool story. Congo starts off as a country that is Neutral relationship to both, Left government, and maybe only slightly in USSR sphere, or perhaps completely neutral.

Anyway, I hate having a country that should be aligned with me so blah, so I help engineer a revolution, which installs a Right Gov't that is Cordial to the US. Boo. But the cool part? Congo by this time is Very Strongly in our sphere of influence, so I work on executing another revolution.

We also snare Kenya, but then the US forces us to DefCon 1 over their troops fighting for the rebels again. Damn it. It's only a 60 point swing, thankfully, so we're able to absorb the loss and still be monstrously ahead.

Congo flips back to us: -1 to US and 2 to USSR, and they're absolutely in our thrall now.

There's a coup in Burma, which completely flips the script there. The US is furious and pours in 100,000 troops to force the Kashin tribe out while we drop off $2 billion in aid to Burma.

Only Washington takes issue with our Burmese cash injection, so we have to back down. Oh, another thing. For some reason, Bush keeps wanting to give Nigeria troops and I have to keep smacking him down.

We can't stop Kenya or Burma from reverting back to the US but that's fine. At this point, we're up almost 700 points and it's 1994. We can pretty much do nothing and still win.

Just for the fun of it, we engineer a revolution in Central Africa, giving us two neighboring countries in Africa (Congo, CA) that are our best friends.

What do you know? The US is going to Defcon 1 over Nigeria. Sheesh! 37 point hit.

Coups in Peru and Chile and revolutions in Lebanon and Zaire create a weird everybody loves everyone scenario in those four countries. There's also coups in Indonesia and Tanzania that have the country of many islands cordial with us and the latter cordial with the US.

At this point, I'm just playing it safe and closing it out.

We win 1050-200, thanks mostly to Nigeria despite the one pitfall at the end. In fact, we won so soundly, we didn't even need the Iran Exploit to win, although it helped.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote