View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 12:57 PM   #1317
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
I know Barca has itīs flaws and itīs all about winning yada, yada, but deep down i donīt want teams playing as destructive and defensive as chelsea here and last week to win.

Great goal by Ramires though.

Defending is a valid tactic imho - as someone who's generally played in a defensive role irl I actually really appreciate a team who defend well.

I thought Chelsea's tactics were spot on, they knew they couldn't afford Barcelona the space at the back (especially when they went down to 10 men) and they fought incredibly hard to ensure they stayed in the match.

Drogba for me was amazing - I know he gave away a penalty, but I was REALLY impressed with how good he was defensively and the way he switched from that role to supporting attacks throughout the game showed an amazing work-rate ..... I've always thought he was an awesome player, but that match knocked my respect for him up another notch entirely.

PS - I was really pleased for Torres that he scored that chance, when he came on he messed up defensively a couple of times and I was really concerned that they'd end up losing through a Torres mistake - was a really big decision by the manager to bring him on considering his problems with form since signing and I expect that goal and them winning has done him a world of good.

Last edited by Marc Vaughan : 04-25-2012 at 01:00 PM.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote