View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 01:28 PM   #1350
whomario
Pro Starter

And Marko Marin signing for Chelsea, that caught everybody off guard as he really stalled in his development and wasnīt nearly as "hot" a commodity as 2 years ago. The talent is still there, but if the premier league is really for him i donīt know (not exactly robust and while the stereotype "english" soccer obviously isnīt true anymore, the style of play still is more physichal than most leagues)
At his best heīs everything you want out of an attacking midfielder, so i hope he pans out. Not that "we" have any lack of options there, but another great midfielder for the NT would be near.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
Lukas Podolski set to sign for Arsenal in the summer for Ģ10.9M.

I know he kind of blows at club level, but maybe he'll get more support at Arsenal.

actually he was decent last season (especially the 2nd half) and very good this season, unfortunately at a club that produced every sort of chaos imaginable and on a roster that flat out blows.

This season he had 18 goals and 10 assists in 28 games depsite playing banged up for some games. The whole team managed just 38 goals, meaning he was directly responsible for 28 out of 38 goals.

I have no idea how heīll adjust though. Playing style ? No problem, i could see him fit very well. Off the pitch ? No idea. I guess heīs more assured of himself now, but still doesnīt strike me as a guy that deals well with different surroundings than used to.
But maybe being away from that pressure pit will do him some good. Not thast Arsenal isnīt pressure as well, but at Cologne it was that basically everybody expected him to single handedly save the day all the time (due to him being a local guy, having his breakout there and then coming back from Bayern).

Overall this is a weird development. 5 sure national team players (Klose, Özil, Khedira, Mertesacker, Podolski) and a former and potential one (Marin) that are playing outside Germany. On one hand i am happy to see that german soccer/players get recognized and are highly valued, on the other hand i am sad not to see them week in and week out in the Bundesliga.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 04-30-2012 at 01:31 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote