View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 09:17 AM   #1974
I. J. Reilly
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch View Post
That was a strange one. There were a lot of rumors last night that he was leaving, but he strongly denied them this morning. Seems like he made some demands for a huge contract increase thinking they wouldnt have the nerve to fire him about it.

Liked the tweet "Harry Redknapp will reportedly be paid £3,000,000 in compensation by Tottenham, which after tax will equate to approximately £3,000,000."

I think it’s been pretty clear over the last few transfer windows that Daniel Levy doesn’t trust him with the check book, and Spurs are at a point that they need to spend some serious money if they are going to try for top four consistently. Combine that with the horrible run of games that just so happened to coincide with Harry madly chasing the England job and this was kind of inevitable. So I’m pretty excited about how much ambition this move is showing from Levy, it could of course blow up but to dare is to do and all that.

Of course this all depends on who gets appointed; you can’t really evaluate a firing without knowing the subsequent hiring. Levy obviously went through a thorough search just a few months ago when he had to think Harry was leaving for England, so he knows who he wants.
I. J. Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote