Thread: Gay Marriage
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 03:52 PM   #218
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
This one usually falls into the "gay is not the same thing as pedophile" bucket of logic, but there's another issue with this that gets overshadowed by that. Isn't sending a 16-year old boy, who may very well be gay, on a camping trip with a 24 year old gay man kind of like sending a 16-year old girl on a camping trip with a 24 year old straight man? I don't think most parents would be OK with the latter, so is it homophobic not to be OK with the former? Or is different because 16-year old girls are more attractive to adult straight males with questionable morals than 16-year old boys are to adult gay males with questionable morals?

It doesn't take a camping trip though. All it takes is like...driving the babysitter home...or...allowing a straight man to coach a HS girls sports team...or...any number of other things.

Or for that matter a gay person to do any of those.

Homosexuality is not an "on switch" for predatory behavior. Sexual predators are sexual predators, regardless of orientation.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 01-28-2013 at 03:52 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote