Thread: Gay Marriage
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 03:55 PM   #221
revrew
Team Chaplain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
The irony of you pointing this out to others when your claims have NO basis in fact surely isn't lost on you, is it?

Whether or not Christianity has any basis in fact is another topic for another thread. I would argue it at least has the person of Jesus of Nazareth and is in fact a world religion and so forth. And I have not made wild claims about it without researching it thoroughly.

But the previous poster made an assertion that nothing exists where I believe it does exist and I suspect he hasn't done the research. I don't, however, have the data on hand, so I can't specifically refute the poster.

As for irony, I can't help but make this little dig: The irony of all this righteous indignation in defense of the unrighteous, from (many) people who even reject the notion of righteousness; the moral pronouncements coming from (many) people who reject that which is moral (yes, now I'm sounding like a preacher. Stop that) is equally ironic.

It really comes down to this, going way back to where I began. Many of you and I just have a radically different perception of what is and isn't ethical. I just happen to hold to the ethics common to one of the world's largest religions and the faith that heavily influenced the founding of the country I live in. Why does this surprise and infuriate (many of) you so much? Welcome to America.
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote