Thread: Gay Marriage
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 04:56 PM   #242
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrew View Post
What's your point, besides trying to be snotty?

I've already admitted that my ethical position is on its way toward being the minority in America, if it isn't there already, and of course, Christianity is a minority in the world as a whole. That doesn't mean it isn't one of the world's major faiths - one of the largest 2 or 3, if I'm not mistaken. Even if it's only top 10, we're talking millions and millions of people. Regardless, it's a significant faith in America, so I ask the question again, why are people surprised and darn near hysterical when one of the nation's most prominent viewpoints is expressed?

Really. (Many of) you do your side in this argument a disservice. (And before you say it, yes I KNOW many on my side do, too. In fact, I blame the decline of Christianity in the U.S. solely on the stupidity of the people who practice it).

I'm merely pointing out that opposition to gay marriage can't be described as the ethical position of Christianity. Your viewpoint isn't the only one.