View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 11:38 PM   #295
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

*clearing my throat and dictating letters to each King and Bannerman*

Dear _______,

It's clear to me that this chaos which roils the lands of Westeros, despite my best efforts to arrest it, has come to a head.

No fewer than 4 Kings, each of them proclaiming their right to sit the throne of Aegon Targaryen. Each so-called King cutting a swath of death and destruction across the lands of Westeros as they seek to impose their will on the others, for their own benefit.

The Mad King was...mad...as a hatter. I do not deny that. His treatment of many of you all was unjust, and unstable. He brought about his own demise.

Few that are alive today though know the truths that I know about the last years of Aerys Targaryen.

Rob Stark - Your grandfather, and your uncle, murdered by Aerys Targaryen. One might go so far as to say that they, and in particular your grandfather Rickard Stark, were the cause of all of the chaos that has engulfed Westeros - and quite unnecessarily I might add.

Aerys Targaryen was mad. His son Rhaegar though? Now there was a true Targaryen king, in the mold of Jaehaerys. A Prince, the Prince that Westeros had been waiting for. Groomed by the finest minds in the land. And there were pieces in play. As Ser Jaime will attest, before Rhaegar left for the Trident, where he was tragically lost to us, before Rhaegar left, he announced to all that upon his return he intended to call a council - a council at which changes would be made. Those changes were to include the removal of Aerys, supported by an end to hostilities amongst the Lords Paramount. The maneuvers I had to make behind the scenes upon learning of the southron ambitions of your grandfather Rob Stark, to guide Aerys in such a way to cement the alliances amongst your houses in an effort to bring a true, untainted, Targaryen to the Iron Throne to ensure the future of Westeros, all for naught.

Lord Stannis Baratheon, Lord Renly Baratheon - Your family does not escape blame in this matter. It was the prodigious anger of your brother which was the ultimate undoing of any chance for a prolonged peace.

Lord Tywin Lannister - Your treachery is without parallel in the annals of history. When welcomed with open arms as a protector and savior, you choose to repay that trust with savagery, and with the blood of innocents.

I fret for the future of the realm. Had things gone according to my plan, we would be leaving in peace and harmony under a benevolent King. Instead, you are like vultures at carrion, and my work is almost entirely undone.

The future of all of Westeros is at stake my lords. We will soon see whether any of you are worthy of Aegon's throne.

*Lord Varys*
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote