View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 12:56 AM   #297
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Dear _______,

No fewer than 4 Kings, each of them proclaiming their right to sit the throne of Aegon Targaryen. Each so-called King cutting a swath of death and destruction across the lands of Westeros as they seek to impose their will on the others, for their own benefit.

[Snip]

I fret for the future of the realm. Had things gone according to my plan, we would be leaving in peace and harmony under a benevolent King. Instead, you are like vultures at carrion, and my work is almost entirely undone.

[Snip]

*Lord Varys*

So, in short, everyone is false and should submit. Leaving the question of to whom? If none of the current self-proclaimed kings or the current king then who would Lord Varys have us bend the knee to? Surely not himself. But perhaps to another pretender. A pretender long believed dead. I believe my late husband mentioned such a pretender, one far across the water.

My lord Renly - perhaps you were correct in saying that Lord Varys has the interest of the realm at heart. But does it not seem possible that his interpretation of where the realm's interest lies diverges decisively from your own interpretation?
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote