View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 09:31 AM   #1428
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
So Mark Hughes gets QPR relegated and well, of course, he gets rewarded with another job in the top division half a year later. Are managers becoming extinct or something? I get that he's British, but surely there has to be an up-and-comer that deserves a shout before this retread. Sometimes I just don't understand the things that go on in futbol.

I think this is probably his last chance - don't forget though he actually did a very good job at Blackburn originally, followed up by a competent performance Man City (he was controversially sacked having only lost one match that season because they'd drawn 7 in a row), then despite having a bad relationship with the chairman he took Fulham to 8th position in 2011 .... so his QPR performance is currently an aberration in an otherwise successful management career.

(the odd thing about his time at QPR is that generally Hughes teams are defensively pretty sound but unable to strike 'killer blows' and so secure far more draws then they should - both in terms of avoiding defeat, but also failing to win ... with QPR that wasn't true, they didn't have the defensive organisation or tenacity which I expected)
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote