View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 01:35 PM   #125
PhinsFan
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
I just wanted to mention a couple of things.

First, I really appreciate those who share this desire to have a football simulation that captures what coaches do during games. And I'd like to keep adding GM function as well.

I never dismiss a popular feature request without thought. If I could provide custom league sizes/divisions in a short amount of time, I'd do it. I just don't think it would be a good business decision to spend most of an entire development cycle on it. It's surprising how much those little divisions impact.

There will come a time when one person can no longer create a viable product solo. That time may have already come. If so, it's time to get a real job. No hard feelings.

1st off Thanks Jim for doing the chat and thanks to Ben for setting it up.

2nd I hope the customization thing doesn't discourage you from moving forward with the game. I can see why people want it, but I think most of the follower of this game may not care about. For me the custom league feature isn't a big deal.

I'm sure you've already thought about this but figured I'd mention it anyway, Get the game where you want it to be for this fall, then work on the custom league sizes/divisions during the following year and release a new game next fall with those custom features in place. Possibly give a discount to those of us that buy the game this fall.

I am not into the single player much, I like multi player. So my hope is the new game will transition easily to the MP leagues I'm already a part of. I am commissioner of one of the leagues and I am wondering how difficult it will be to transition the league over to the new game, it is my main concern for now.

The game sounds very promising as a whole. I'll admit that I would like to see a sexy/flashy game but it's not what this game is about really. The most important parts are the game engine remaining solid and the new features being user friendly. It was mentioned before that it would be nice to have more than 1 window open at a time as well as streamlining the game plan screens. I believe you touched on these topics in your chat.

I'm looking forward to the new game, keep up the good work Jim.

eNFL : Miami Dolphins GM Commish
CCFL: Seattle Seahawks GM
CMFL: Miani Dolphins GM
PhinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote