View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 11:36 AM   #214
aston217
College Prospect

Oh, my bad. I thought you were talking only about the FA pools, for which there seemed to exist a simple explanation. Overall league talent, I see, and you certainly have the numbers to back that up. And that is a huge difference, I agree.

Given the timespan, it's almost as if the talent of a typical draft class doesn't match up (i.e, it's superior) to starting conditions, which is the creation issue you say. I'm curious as to what the BFL numbers show -- and if you do more testing, perhaps use your draft class generator to turn down the talent even further, and see if over enough time matches the IHOF numbers. To see if there's a development issue here as well.

These numbers are truly surprising Ben, thanks for sharing. It makes me wonder about something else: cohesion. I remember my first introduction to cohesion was the argument that leagues do not tend to start out with powerful passing attacks, but over time, as cohesion takes effect, the power of the strong pass attack starts to show itself. Given that WRs tend to outmatch CBs of a similar ability -- and correct me if I'm wrong in this assumption -- what if this tremendous increase in talent explains it, and cohesion isn't as meaningful as thought?

aston217 is offline   Reply With Quote