View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 09:57 AM   #242
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

San Fran will be fine. Losing to Seattle in Seattle is nothing to be ashamed of. No team has a better home field advantage than the Seahawks (regardless of the eardrum rupturing decibels in Kansas City). The Colts are no joke either. They're pretty banged up, but they'll still make the playoffs. I don't see them as a disappointment.

I think the Giants are the most surprising. They've really been bad. They've been smacked around by some teams that aren't that great. They have no running game, Eli has thrown a ton of picks and their defense isn't getting pressure on the QB.

You could see the Pittsburgh decline coming, though I am not sure anyone quite expected it to hit this fast.

The Falcons are pretty disappointing as well. Yes, all the games they've lost were close games to teams with winning records and their defense is pretty depleted by injury, but given their record last year and expectations going into the season this year, a 1-4 start is very surprising and disappointing.

As a lifelong Lion's fan I can never muster any pity or sadness for any suffering team or fan base, other than the Cleveland Browns.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote