View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 07:29 PM   #25095
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
But why would climate change deniers want to disassociate this idea?

Your assertion that it is somehow driven by Energy and Agriculture lobbyists just doesn't hold water. I doubt JiMGa (or any other climate change denier you know in your day-to-day life) is getting one red cent from the Energy or Agriculture lobby. It might explain why a politician does what he does, but not for us regular joes. I also reject the 'rednecks hate science' argument: I really doubt that an intelligent guy like JiMGa or other smart conservatives you know would really, if pressed to answer, reject the usefulness of the scientific method. I'm still left wondering...

My assertion that it doesn't hold water? In what way?!?

Climate skeptic Willie Soon funded by industry - Business Insider

National Review

Quote:
His reasons for why global warming is a good thing, Hughes told the Capital Journal, is that “atmospheric CO2 would greatly increase agricultural production,” “thawing permafrost would increase by one-seventh Earth’s landmass open to extensive human habitation,” and “if the sea level did rise, there would be a global economic boom,” among other arguments.

Read more at: National Review

So in a nutshell, after years of admitting there is no climate change, the National Review is stating "hey it'll be good for the economy".

Teddy Cruz on Climate Change:
Quote:
"Many of the alarmists on global warming, they’ve got a problem because the science doesn’t back them up. In particular, satellite data demonstrate for the last 17 years, there’s been zero warming."
— Ted Cruz on Tuesday, March 17th, 2015 in an interview on "Late Night with Seth Meyers"

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...last-17-years/

Quote:
He said Cruz recently voted to affirm that climate change is real (though the statement voted on did not attribute those changes to human activity, a key point for climate-change activists who say changes to human activity will be required to keep the environmental impact from worsening).

Of course Fox News:
Quote:
On climate change, "the temperature readings have been fabricated, and it's all blowing up in their (scientists') faces."
— Dana Perino on Monday, February 9th, 2015 in a broadcast of "The Five" on Fox News

Fox News host: Climate scientists 'fabricated' temperature data | PunditFact

But hey, I mean, this is all recent. If you don't think Energy and Agriculture (not all mind you) like funding against this.

There was a time when this was okay to believe too:

[IMG][/IMG]
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote